21. Same mistakes

Hey! No time for author's note.
Enjoy!

21. Same mistakes

I wake up in a soft bed, cocooned in my blankets. I stretch my arms as I sit up, light filters through the gap in the window curtains.

My feet pad against the cold wooden floor as I go towards the window and open the curtains.

A smile tugs at my lips. Sunlight is scattered over the tall trees, birds are sweeping and diving through the air. Opening the window, I let the cool morning breeze brush against my face.

“This is life,” I say to myself, crossing my arms at the windowsill

“Talking to yourself, Hazel?” A deep voice reaches my ears “That’s not concerning at all.”

I turn my face towards the source and see Luke coming out from the bathroom, a towel around his neck, hair sticking in all angles.

“Of course it’s not,” I roll my eyes despite my smile “When are you ever concerned about me?”

“Not often,” He walks over to me and takes a glance at the scenery

For a moment, both of us let silence envelope us in cozy embrace, watching as the sun continues to rise.

Something wet and heavy drops on my head.

“If I start doing that,” Luke walks by me “I’ll become a blood pressure patient.”

I take the towel off my head and glare at him, he simply goes to the door.

“I’m going down to see if there’s something to eat,” He says before vanishing through the door

I take a shower and then look through my bag for clothes. With a sigh, I pick up a tank top and pair of not-so-short shorts. Why am I suddenly regretting my choice of clothes?

Don’t worry, Elise. If anyone thinks it smart to bother you, you can handle it.

I let my hair frame my face and leave the room, my shoes in my hand. The wooden floor feels nice under my bare feet.

Just as I close the door and turn around, I bump into someone.

“Sorry,” Ethan offers me an apologetic smile, steadying me by the arms “Are you okay?”

“It’s fine,” I return his smile “This hallway is too damn small anyways.”

He nods with a chuckle before stepping out of my way “Ladies first.”

“Why thank you,” I grin as I walk past him and descend the stairs

Just as I reach the bottom, I spot Adrian and Ryan. Adrian raises his brows at my attire, Ryan looks passive as ever.

“Good morning,” I smile at them as I turn towards the lounge

While I put on my shoes, I fell a dip form in the couch as someone sits down besides me.

“Going somewhere, love?” Adrian asks

I straighten myself and give him a bright smile “I’m going for a walk, being copped up in a house is not really my thing.”

“Mine neither,” he gives me a sly smirk “Mind if I join you?”

“Is there a reason I should?” I raise an eyebrow and stand up

I catch Luke’s eyes as we pass by him leaning against the kitchen doorframe, a steaming cup in his hand. He straightens himself, eyes darting between me and Adrian.