10. Drunken Balls

Hello lovely reader! If you made it this far with my book, thank u and congrats! The plot begins now!

10. Drunken Balls

I've lost my mind.

Not today, I lost it quiet some time ago. You see, when you still have some logic or sense in you, you think of the consequenses, the risks and funnily enough, you give a shit about them as well.

But when you've lost your mind, you don't give a shit anymore.

I creep along the hallway, my eyes now used to the dark, make out the door of Darcie's room.

Luckily, Luke didn't come back in the room today. Otherwise I'd have to climb down my window and I'm not a fan of climbing.

I sniff myself again, making sure the perfume covers my scent and nod in approval. My hand closes around the cool metal of the door handle. Slowly, cautiously, I turn it.

Click!

The room is enveloped in darkness. I see a figure on the queen sized bed. Quietly, I make my way towards Darcie's walk in closet, praying neither Darcie nor Flora wake up.

I start looking for the dresses in there, scattered around as though a ravenous animal had looked through them.

Too vulgar. Too flashy. Too short. Too big.

Well, if I am planning on doing whatever it takes to find my mate, I should make a good first impression, shouldn't I?

But seems like fate has other plans since I can't find anything that would look good on me.
Damn! Why does this Lycan female only has clothes I'd never wear?!

In my frustration, I let out a silent scream and grab a dress, ball my hands in it and shake out all my anger.

When I'm done, breathing as soundlessly as possible, I drop it down only to see something under the pile of clothes, something that catches my eye.

I pull the dress out and hold back a gasp. The soft pink material flows in my hands as the puffy evening gown unfurls in front of me, pearly whites beads are scattered along the neckline and skirt.

Grinning like an idiot I tuck the dress under my arm and waltz out. You're sense of fashion isn't all that bad, Darcie, I'll give you that.

When I pass by Darcie's bed, I see the side table laden with masks. I snatch the first one in my reach. I leave Darcie's room, feeling victorious and giddy.

Rushing to my room, I peek in to see if Luke's there. Seeing no one, I rush inside and into my room where finally I start jumping around squealing like an idiot.

I collaspe on my bed, dress clutched to my chest, a dreamy smile on my face.

Tomorrow, my world is going to change.

***

"Achuuu!"

In my hurry, I had failed to notice that the mask I grabbed has two white feathers tucked on one side.

And I'm alergic to feathers.

"Goddess, after all I'm doing," I mutter and fix my mask again "my mate should be the king to make it worth it."

Thought I know I will love him with all my heart, no matter who he is, a girl can dream, right?

I cast another quick glance at the mirror. My hair is in an elegant chignon, the makeup light and well done and the dress makes me look taller than I am.