NEW. 59. Newly found Luna

59. Newly found Luna

✧ Luke ✧

A team of warriors awaits us when we exit the pack mansion, each face stoic with determination.

Casper has already mind linked them about our location and goal.

I clamp down on the instincts going haywire in my blood, the ache at the tips of my fingers where claws beg to erupt, the knots in my stomach.

She’s fine, I force down on all of the panic, My Hazel is strong, and she is brave, and she will definitely be fine.

“Any question?” I ask, once I explain which parts of the city and which packs each section of the crew will search

No one asks anything.

With a nod, everyone hurries over to their own directions, in search of their newly found Luna. I, Casper, Carolus and a few others make our way towards one of the SUV’s, ready to depart to ethan’s territory.

A voice tears through everything.

“Alpha Luke!”

My head whips in the direction of that voice, along with almost everyone else’s.

I suck in a sharp breath.

Moragn’s daughter, one of Hazel’s friends, sprinting towards us, a sharp coating of blood the colour of her hair crusted on one arm.

“Angelina!” Carlous runs up to her and looks her up and down “What the hell happened?!”

Angelina’s wide gaze is as panicked as I feel, her breathing sharp and short.

“We were going to Alpha Ethan’s territory,” She explains in a voice that’s all breath “Only a mile from the borders, we were chased, and I told Elise to go ahead, and then I was cornered and someone hit me on the head and when I awoke she wasn’t there and—”

She holds out a crumpled piece of paper, almost soaked with blood.

“This was pinned to my arm,” Her hand trembles as she holds it out to me

I take it, barely keeping my own trembling in check, from fury and panic and something murderous I squash before I can identify.

The words are barely visible under the blood.

“You’ll see her again. When she’s telling the world what you are and what you did to my brother."

I read it again. And again. My thoughts consumed by a white hot rage that makes everything inside me calm. Perfectly still.

“Zoya Goldstein,” I say, Casper hisses a curse

“Does she know Elise is your mate?” Carlous asks

I shake my head and find some relief in the fact. She’s not going to kill her. She has no reason to, if she doesn’t know how important Elise is to me. She needs her to testify I killed my predecessor.

“We’re not looking around the city or Alpha Ethan’s territory,” it takes me a moment to realize that this voice is mine, calm and controlled “she’s not dumb enough to send a letter and keep her nearby.”

Casper nods, yelling at the search teams— who have stopped in their tracks to see what’s going on— to gather in the warriors residence while we inspect new found clues.

I turn to go towards the war room, I need to think, I need to figure out where she’s going to take Elise to declare this, I need to reach there before she does.

“Alpha,” A voice stops me

I look back to meet Angelina’s gaze, a full flicker of surprise going through me at the steel of my own reflected in them.

“She trusted you,” She says, holding her injured arm with the other “You better not betray that trust.”

I nod “I don’t plan to.”

With that I stride in the pack mansion, Casper, Carlous and Angelina behind me. I tune everything out, my gaze on the paper in my hands, my thoughts spiraling as I resist the urge to go somewhere, anywhere and start looking for her.

“Don’t,” I say to Casper as he makes to follow me inside the war room “I need to think, and I might kill anyone around me.”

With that, I stride inside, closing the door behind and put the paper down.

Then I start making a plan.

...

Please comment and vote