NEW. 49. Have we met before

Hello my amazing readers! How's the rewrite version going so far? I think the last version was a bit lacking in the fluff department, so here u go!

Anyways, I made an Instagram to keep in touch with you all! I'll be uploading sneak peeks regarding the next chapters, and maybe have character interviews, annnnnd a lill' surprise as well!

For now, enjoy!

49. Have we met before

I heave out a dramatic sigh and lean my head over the armrest of the couch in our room.

“This is so boring,” I drawl out

Luke looks up from the files he was reviewing, my legs resting across his lap “You could read a book.”

“Been there, done that.”

“Get yourself something to eat?”

“Don’t feel like it.”

“Browse through the internet?”

“Not my thing.”

This time he sighs, brushing his thumb against my calf “Then I’m sorry to say Hazel, but you’ll have to bear it.”

Luke explained to me that it’ll take a day or two to find Korra and convince her to come here. Until then, I cant let any of the other surviving competitors know that Luke and I are mates.

Meaning, I have to stay on this floor, for another few days.

I sit up and pout at him “Are you really sure someone will find out we’re mates if I go out?”

“Positive,” Luke says, looking at little conflicted at my disappointed face

“Its fine,” I say, defeated with the fact that I’ll have to stay stuck on this floor until the mark is removed

Luke offers me a nod “I’m sorry, Elise. Just for another day or two.”

I nod back.

And then collapse back on the couch.

I don’t realize I was sleeping until something wakes me up.

Pint!

My brows furrow and I lift myself up from the bed, not knowing how I ended up here.

Pint!

My eyes draw towards the windows, which show the dark sky outside. I make my way towards them, pushing the glass panels aside when—

“Ouch!” A little stone hits me on the forehead

I catch the little weapon and glare down “Who the hell—

And curses die on my tongue when I see an all too familiar face looking up at me from the ground.

“You sleep like the dead,” Luke calls to me

“What are you doing?” I call back, as quiet as I can

In answer, he only opens up his arms, the gesture too obvious.

I blink down at my mate “Luke, if you want to hold me, you can just come up.”

He shakes his head “I want you to come down.”

My heart skips a beat, my eyes widen and a sudden rush of excitement washes over me.

“I’ll be down in a sec!” I call down excitedly