39. The most lethal one

Hello my amazing readers! This chapter is finally out! And it is, indeed, the most lethal one.

Enjoy!

39. The most lethal one

۝Elise۝

My good angle pats my cheek, my bad angle facepalms herself.

“What are you telling him?!” she says, waving around her poker “That stuff’s personal.”

“Shut up,” my good angle rebukes her “sometimes its best to let the feels out.”

But I’m not paying attention to them, my attention is focused on Luke. He’s staring at me like I’m the Hunt’s map. Priceless, something he never wants to lose.

He brushes my hair away from my face and leans forward. For some reason, I stay still, some kind of anticipation holding me in place.

“You’ll be surprised by how stubborn I can be, Hazel.” He says

“That’s an idiotic thing to be stubborn about.”

“You make me act like an idiot.”

A breath of laughter leaves my mouth “I must be a witch.”

He’s so close, if I move an inch, my lips would brush against his. How would it feel? To let the walls crumble down?

“That you are, Hazel.” Luke says “The most lethal one.”

I feel my eyes flutter shut, his warm breath on my face.

Nothing happens.

The next moment, Luke tugs me up and starts walking towards the hallways that leads to… where does it lead to again? Oh well, seems like we’ll just have to find out.

I look up at Luke, confused. Why does he look so tense? Why wont he look at me?

Loud sounds reach me and I realize we’re back in the club.

“Oh my moon,” I say, gripping Luke’s arm “That’s my favorite song!”

I take a step towards the dance floor, the lights blinding, but the next moment, Luke steers me away.

“We don’t have time for dancing,” He says “We need to go.”

“Go where?” I give him a look. Why did I ever think he’s nice?

“Oh thank moon,” Two Ethans and Tylers walk over to us “I was afraid you’d never find her.”

“Finally,” I roll my eyes “Now that everyone’s here, can anyone tell me what the hell is happening?”

The five of them ignore me. The twin Tylers turn to Luke and start talking about some unconscious guards the twins have locked in a room or something.

“Good,” Luke says “We’ll check up on that lock just after we drop her to her room.”

“Her?” I blink fifty times “We have another girl in our team? Why didn’t anyone tell me?”