07. Unpaid Job

Hello my lovely reader! How r u? I have a lill' confession to make
.
.
.
English is not my first language.

Did you guess that?😝 Or is my writing pretty spot on?

07. Unpaid Job

The rest of the greetings went by in a blurr. And after dinner I find myself standing in Luke's room, fiddling with my fingers.

Why the hell do I feel like I owe him an explanation?! I'm not his slave!

"Where were you?" Luke stares at me from behind his desk, over his steepled fingers

"I was just looking around," I shrug "you know, you said this valley is one of the most beautiful places in the world."

"All by yourself?" He raises an eyebrow

"Yes?" I say but it comes out like a question. Crap!

In one moment, he's around his desk and in front of me. Damn that supernatural Lycan speed!

I stare at him wide eyed, the scent of pine trees and coffee reaches me, making my head feel light. I can feel the raw power in his aura, the strength behind his dark blue irises and it makes a shiver race down my spine.

Luke narrows his eyes at me, then takes a deep breath. The storm in his eyes intensifies. Oh dear.

"Who were you with?" He asks

"Umm, a friend of mine." I say, trying to stop my heart from beating it's way out of my chest

"And does this friend of yours have a name?" Luke asks

"He probably does, but that doesn't matter." I wave dismissively "besides, I made it in time, didn't I?"

Luke gives me a look and suddenly, my skin starts itching to submit. To lower my head and answer him. So he's using his Alpha power now, is he?

Clenching my fists, I keep my eyes on his. If he's stubborn then I am too! Besides, the moon knows what he'd do if he finds out one of the pack warriors has been going around doing nothing but keeping an Omega entertained.

Finally, with narrowed eyes Luke straightens himself.

"Fine." He says

He walks back to his desk, leaving me to stare at his back in surprise and confusion.

"That's... It?" I say unsurely

"Yes, you are excused." Luke picks up a paper, grabs a pen and starts writing something "for now."

With a confused nod, I turn around and go to my room, trying not to think too much of his mood swings.

***

"Wake up,"

"Go to hell," I pull the blankets up to my head and for a few moments, drift off the peaceful slumber when─

"Eeeeek!" I jump one foot in the air when something rips away my blanket

My eyes fly up to someone's handsome face and I want noting more than to slap it.