03. Witches rattle me

Hello my lovely reader! I'm so excited for this book u know? It's my first ever werewolf fantasy!😆 Feel free to share your thoughts with me in the comments!

03. Witches rattle me

Luke Winters. The only son of Alpha Jax and Luna Fay. The soon-to-be Alpha of our pack.

He's coming back. After five years.

The sound of my heart pounding in my ears gets faster by the second and Darcie, in her joy, doesn't even realize I'm not massaging her feet anymore.

No, no, no!

I don't wanna make a reunion feast!

"My hot, dashing, charming Luke!" Darcie claps her hands together "And finally he's going to come back ー without any mate! Which means one thing! Him and me, forever!"

"Yeah, really amazing." Better find my mate before she becomes Luna

"He's the most handsome man I've ever seen you know," Darcie says dreamily

Sometimes, some very rare times, I feel kinda bad for Darcie. The pathetic soul has no friends.

"I've only seen him like, 3 times." I feel obligated to point out

"Of course, the likes of you can't even look at him often." She smirks at me

No wonder she doesn't have friends.

"Now go, shuu!" She says "I have to get ready before he comes, it takes a lot of time, not that you'll know."

Thanking the goddess, I hurry out of her room and towards the Omega quarters again. It must be an uproar there.

When I enter through the main door, the sound of chaos hits me hard. People are running around with decorations, folding invitation envelopes, making lists.

Even in the crowd, I can easy make out a short, plum woman with dark red hair shouting;

"Stay calm people!" She says loudly "Stay F*cking calm!"

"Captain Morgan," I push through the rushing crowd "Don't tell me..."

"Yup," She nods with a grin smile "it's a code red."

I attempt to pass out and fall but someone grabs my elbow and pulls me straight.

"No time for fainting," Angelina, Morgan's daughter, with the same red hair and green eyes, says to me "We have shopping to do!"

"Tell me that's not true," I say a bit too dramatically

"It's not true," Angelina says, taking me with her "Now come on,"

Goddess, save my ass.

***

"No more, I ─ can't." I lean against the wall "not another step!"

"Elise, we have yet to buy all the dairy products!" Angelina says, waving the list

"You're a Lycan, I'm a werewolf!" I give her a look "and I can't walk around with eight huge bags in my arms in this blazing heat!"