Chapter Eight: EXTRA

I read over this 50 million times and I still feel like it's wrong or missing something 😭

Also, I beg you don't pay attention to the ages on the first chapter, I'm still trying to develop the pasts of Yoons, Jimin, and Tae. The Yoonmin sequel has Jimin's past already and honestly, the ages themselves are confusing me, so...yeah

---

Kim Namjoon was raised to be a proper, well-mannered man that lacked any sinful desires; no lust, no envy, no wrath, no greed, no gluttony, no laziness, and most of all, no pride. Pride can be deadly for a man or a woman. However, Namjoon was taught to not ask for help but not because of pride, but because people are untrustworthy. People will only help you for their own benefit. Never allow someone to take advantage of your situation.

Namjoon's parents had very specific roles in his life. It was as though before he was born, they went over what roles they'd play; it was like an act, a blanket to cover up the truth. His mother was with him from day one. She nurtured him and made sure he was behaving the way a respectful young boy should behave. Whereas his father wasn't as active, he was gone for days to months - sometimes even a year. There were days in Namjoon's early childhood where he sometimes forgot he had a father. His mother never talked about his father and his father never talked about his mother.

They said they were married - happily married - but they acted as they were strangers forced to do a project together.

Namjoon was homeschooled due to his father's distrust in society. His mother was a scholar with the highest IQ Namjoon could remember. Yet she stayed at home cooking and cleaning, letting her intelligence seemingly go to waste. Namjoon barely ever learned from school books, his mother would make him learn with experience.

"The world isn't 2D, baby," his mother had said, "and neither are people...there are several sides to everyone, several layers. Never trust them."

His father and his mother filled him with fear of his own kind. So much so that when he began to mature, he stopped trusting his own parents. His mother taught him that the only person he can trust is himself and sometimes, that wasn't even true. She taught him to view himself as another person and think without a mind; to seemingly get rid of internal monologue; to put himself on autopilot and listen to only his instincts; his heart was his biggest traitor.

"At some point in your life, love, I want you to stop trusting your father and I; stop loving us. Then, you have fully passed your classes and you will begin learning on your own."

"I don't want to stop loving you, Mommy..."

"Then your father will fail you."

And failed him, he did.

As soon as it became evident that Namjoon was reliant on them, his father sent him away. He was eleven at that time and knew absolutely nothing about the real world. He didn't know how to talk to people more or less order anything, he didn't know how to use a credit card, he didn't know how to live. It happened at night. His father had come home from a business trip that lasted eighteen months. He jerked Namjoon out of his bed and told the boy,

"Wake up, boy, how can you sleep knowing you've failed?"

The man proceeded to hastily pack Namjoon two outfits and 2 pairs of shoes before pushing him to the back of a car.

"Come back when you're angry."

Namjoon was terrified at first. He was put in a group home for homeless children where he was forced to go to a trash school and eat food that definitely wasn't his mother's cooking. His mother had taught him that it was okay to cry, however, Namjoon was only to cry for a few minutes and then he must move on. Namjoon's earliest memory of crying was when he was four and he knocked his head pretty hard against the door of an open cabinet. His mother had let him whine about for exactly three minutes before tending to him.