Chapter Twenty-One

Reminder: Veleno = Jimin

I'm terrible at POV consistency, when you start reading, it starts with Koo's POV (3rd person) and then slowly it turns to third person omniscient, but keeping the name Red. Lol 🤦🏾‍♀️🤚🏾

---

Jungkook silently cut an onion, blinking occasionally from the stinging in his eyes as he moved his head away from the onion every now and then. He usually chewed gum so the onions wouldn't make him cry, but he didn't have any. Today was Sunday which meant he was staying at home. He had already cleaned, so much so that his hands were still red and a little sore; he washed his clothes and his bedding; he sprayed his mattress and his cushions; he went around his whole house spraying bug spray just in case; and now he was making himself something for lunch.

He chewed the bottom of his lip. He didn't feel good today. Actually, he hasn't felt good since yesterday...after he saw Red. He felt a twisty feeling in his stomach while a weight found its way on his chest. It made him feel bad and all he wanted to do was lie down, but he knew he couldn't do that. He contemplated calling Dr. Irel but Dr. Irel was always closed on Sundays and he didn't want to disturb his therapist even though the doctor told him calling him anytime was okay.

He cut a little harder, slamming the blade of his knife against the cutting board.

Seeing Red wasn't what made him upset. No, he was happy since he hasn't seen him for a week. Instead, it was the man sitting beside him: Veleno. Jungkook had nothing against Veleno, if it weren't for that man, he wouldn't know so much about the mafia. But...seeing them together after having not seen his deranged idol for a week and knowing about their sexual past turned Jungkook's mood sour.

He bit harder onto his lip as his eyebrows furrowed.

He remembered the first day he met Red. The man had said, "Veleno can only please me so much". Veleno had talked about his and Red's sexual past in the interview and Namjoon had even mentioned it a few times in his book. It never really bothered him before, but since he and Red have been together more often, the idea of the man he idolized and loved so much being around another man with whom of which he's had several sexual encounters disturbed him greatly.

The knife sliced through the skin on his index finger. "Fuck."

He had also managed to break skin on his lip and hadn't noticed the stinging pain until now. The cut hurt worse, but the stinging felt...nice. Yes, the stinging felt very nice. Rubbing his tongue again his lip, Jungkook made his way towards the bathroom where his stock of bandaids was located.

"Why were you cutting that onion so hard?"

Jungkook jumped and gasped out as he pressed his body against the wall next to the doorway of his kitchen. His eyes frantically landed on Red who was sitting on one of his chairs with one of Jungkook's books in his hands. He wasn't wearing a mask today, showing Jungkook his flawless face and beautiful red hair that was beginning to curl a bit due to it being overgrown. Jungkook just stared, taking in Red's appearance.

He was just too perfect.

"You were cutting so hard and so lost in your thoughts that you didn't even hear me walk in or felt me staring at you," Red noted as he went back to the book. He tsked and shook his head. "What if I was a murderer?"

"Oh, you're not?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head to the side just a bit.

"Nope, I'm not. I'm a saviour, a...a...Angel of Darkness as you put it — murderer is so negative."

Jungkook continued staring, watching him turn the page in the book. The book was about a victim who survived being tortured in the Irish Mafia because she was the enemies daughter. He had a lot of mafia and victim-related books. He's read all of them and planned to buy Namjoon's book soon as he had to return the library's copy.