Chapter Thirty-One

So I'm currently rewriting Second Chances and I'm writing it in present tense since that's what I'm most comfortable with writing in now. This book has been written in past tense since it started so I'm struggling to keep the consistency however it's just weird for me now. So the tenses have changed, sorry if it's weird for you but I have to do what makes my writing feel as natural and fluid as possible. Once I edit this, I will try to remove all past tense words but I probably wont succeed lol. I hope this doesn't disrupt your reading experience ^•^

- - -

Taehyung heaved a long sigh as he parked his car in the driveway near the mansion. He walked up to the large mansion and pressed his thumb against the lock pad. It opened and he leaned down to face the retina scanner. The lock then clicks and he opens the door to walk through the large entryway.

A few crowned members glanced his way as he walked past them, their loud chatter settling to a low whisper as he passed. He ignored their stares as he looked straight ahead. His destination: Seokjin's office. Located near the end of the hallway on the other side of the house. He hated going into the leading Kim's office; it smelt heavily of cigarettes, it was gloomy and...well, depressing. Something Taehyung both hated and felt sorry for.

He doesn't bother knocking as he opens the door and walks in. As soon as his foot crosses the threshold, a bullet zips past his ear, grazing the skin and lodging itself into the wall beside the door. He remains still and unphased as his eyes land on Seokjin who's sitting behind his large, black desk. In one hand is a gun and in the other, he's wrapping what looks like a hospital band around his fingers.

"I understand you've never lived in a house for the majority of your childhood," Seokjin begins, "but that doesn't excuse lack of manners."

Taehyung is tempted to work Seokjin's fast temper but he doesn't. He's on a schedule right now and doesn't have time to make Seokjin cry. It wouldn't take much. Seokjin isn't known for his calmness.

"Well?" Taehyung says as he checks his watch, "I'm here as you requested."

"You are," Seokjin confirms with a nod. He places the gun he just tried to shoot Taehyung with on his desk, the nozzle facing Taehyung's way. He leans back in his chair, moving the hospital bracelet from his hand and into one of the drawers on his desk. "You barged in."

"I did," Taehyung also confirms. "I'm on a time constraint, Jin, so if you'll kindly get on with whatever whining I'm due..."

"Taehyung, you're acting recklessly," Seokjin states, "I've given you second chances, third, fourth, sixth, tenth but you've blown them all."

Taehyung does a long, lazy eye roll and even heaves a sigh with it. He doesn't want to hear whatever Seokjin is busting another vein about. He turns to open the door and leave, but before he could even open the door, Seokjin dashes out of his chair. Taehyung turns when he hears the older man get up, but before he can fully turn, Seokjin grabs his wrist and jerks the younger man around until they are face to face, practically nose-to-nose.

"You won't defy me again," Seokjin snarls, twisting Taehyung's arm in his grip.

Taehyung tries to keep a straight face as Seokjin twists his wrist downward, taking him down as well. It's hard however since Seokjin isn't one to fight. He isn't applying enough pressure to break the younger man's thin wrist, but it is enough to make the notorious killer cringe in pain.

"Jin," Taehyung grinds out through clenched teeth, but he isn't quite sure what he wants to say. He doesn't like being touched and he doesn't know if the anger is coming from that, the pain, or the fact that it's Seokjin. Nonetheless, his eyes are bleeding the room red and he's tempted to just end Seokjin's life on the spot.