Chapter Five

"Are you on anxiety medications?" The ER doctor asked, watching Jungkook with wary eyes as if the shaken up man would have another psychotic breakdown.

Jungkook hated hospitals. He wasn't exactly sure why as hospitals are supposed to be clean. However, he just heard someone in the room beside him lose their lunch much like he had and it was a cold reminder that sick, infected, contaminated people come here. It was as though an icy cold hand had wrapped itself around his shoulder and sent unpleasant chills running up and down his spine like ants. Someone had laid in the bed he woke up in. Even if the sheets were clean, someone had occupied this room before him.

Jungkook's stomach churned and he wrapped his arms around his torso, pressing them against his abdomen and swallowing down whatever tried to come out. He tried to block out the reminder that several people had touched him without his permission; several people had put their bare hands on his clothes. His body started to heat up again. It was uncomfortable, like sitting in a sauna. As though he were getting ready to spontaneously combust. The chills were replaced with intense heat and his stomach felt as though it had flipped upside down.

"Sir, do you have someone who can take you home?" The doctor asked, clearly concerned for the troubled patient whose face was a pale-green colour. Perspiration appeared on his exposed forehead.

Jungkook shook his head. His parents would hate to know he had yet another breakdown this time in public. The last time that happened was years ago when his school bullies had followed him home. His parents were so angry with him for embarrassing them in front of so many people. He couldn't tell them he's done it again.

He felt as though his lungs were about to collapse. His chest was heavy and his heart pumped so strongly it felt as though his entire body was pulsating with it. He felt sweat travel down his back and moisten his hands as the heat increased.

"Do you have health problems? Do you live on your own?"

She looked up from her clipboard and at Jungkook. Her eyes widened.

It was then when Jungkook realized his nose had started bleeding. He looked down at the floor and watched blood drip onto the white tile. His body became rigid and more heat spread around every inch of his skin. His vision blurred and he staggered to his left. The doctor rushed over to him and he held his hands up to stop her from moving any closer.

"P-Please...d-don't touch me."

"You have to sit down, do you need something to drink? Ice?" She reluctantly stayed put in her spot.

"Wh...where's my bag?" Jungkook asked as his heart sunk. "I-I had a b-bag..."

"It's here," the doctor pointed at the black bag sitting on the floor near the sink, "do you have a phone that you can call someone with?"

'Dr. Irel...' Jungkook thought before patting his pockets for his phone. It wasn't there.

"Wh-Where's my phone?"

"In your bag, here let me get it-"

"No!" He shook his head, "I j-just need gloves."

The doctor was confused for a second but she quickly got over it before nodding and grabbing the box of the gloves from one of the many cabinets in the room. She held the box out and Jungkook carefully pulled out 2 blue latex gloves and pulled them on.

He grabbed his bag and quickly unzipped it before digging around inside to make sure all his things were there. It wasn't a secure backpack. It only had one compartment with 2 smaller pockets inside which he always kept empty unless he wanted to bring gum. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw his things he had brought with him from home.