Chapter Eleven

Double update!!!

---

"How'd it go?"

Taehyung looked up, frowning when he saw Jimin leaning against the door to his room. The boy had a look of both mischief and curiosity that Taehyung wasn't in the mood to entertain. So he opted for looking back down at his tablet that was connected to the training courses where Namjoon was physically surveying a group taking an exam. Taehyung remembered when Namjoon ridiculed him for enrolling in the business side of the mafia, having had enough of Seokjin and the physical labour. Namjoon had told him how stupid he was and how an orphan and uneducated boy would never be able to pass the exam.

"You will do good in Seokjin's part of the mafia, not mine."

But Taehyung graduated from that class higher than Namjoon himself.

"Fortunately, for me, I am a natural-born, self-made Genius. Unfortunately, for you, Luci, you spent time with Mommy reading books."

But even Taehyung himself didn't know where his intelligence came from. During his earliest years of childhood and homelessness, he remembered, the only way of survival was to learn. This is how his fascination with stalking became a thing. He learned basic stuff like comprehending road signs so he wouldn't walk out in front of a car and get hit — though he did deliberately try it at some point. But even before he started to stalk people, he knew how to read which made it easy for him to know when a store was OPEN or CLOSED, he understood math which helped him read and understand prices and calculate how much money he would need so he wouldn't make a mistake while robbing, he knew what the sky looked like when it was going to rain so he could decide where to sleep on those days or those nights.

He memorized the seasons thanks to TVs that were displayed in the big windows of electronic stores and learned how to pick locks which helped him the days when he had to wait for restaurants to close down — this is how he learned how to cook — or when he needed money to buy clothes and the rich family in the rich neighbourhood didn't have a good security system.

Of course, all this didn't happen right away. It took time. No one wanted Taehyung, so he had all the time in the world.

So Taehyung wasn't stupid by any means and when Namjoon belittled him because he didn't have a certificate that showed he passed elementary school or an honourable letter congratulating him on academic excellence — not that Namjoon had that either — it only boosted Taehyung's pride when he came out on top with a higher IQ than his superior.

Taehyung was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't feel his bed dip down and when he looked up, his blank expression was replaced with disgust when his eyes connected with Jimin's.

"I asked how did it go, did you kill him?" Jimin asked, sitting back on Taehyung's lap and awaiting the redhead's response.

Which never came.

"Did I do something to hurt your feelings, Tae?" Jimin asked, a mocking smile tugging at his lips. "If so I'm very, very sorry."

"Jimin, I'm busy," Taehyung said, "go fuck around with Ghost."

"Out of the country, he and Jin left — something about investments."

'Drugs' Taehyung thought bitterly.

"Well, I have something else to do," the redhead stated but before he could push the older man off of him, he felt Jimin's hand slide against his jawline before their lips connected in a sloppy kiss.

Taehyung sucked in air through his nose, his hands sliding down from Jimin's side to grope the older man's ass. Jimin smiled in the kiss, thinking he won, before rubbing his crotch against Taehyung's.