Chapter Twenty-Eight

Edit June 2023: I'm minimally editing these chapters now. These are drafts that are being published. I hate when authors leave their books unfinished and I really want to finish this for the people who are still reading. I'm really sorry lol.

⚠️ VIOLENCE ⚠️

My POVs are always so inconsistent 😭

---

Park Jimin was a powerful member in The Family. Not just because of his Crowned status but because he was head of the torture chambers — the position was given up by Taehyung because he didn't like the idea of responsibility and commitment — and he was second in command of the entire technology department that existed, under The Family, in South Korea. He was smart, brilliant even, and despite his promiscuity, a huge asset to The Family.

But like anyone besides Taehyung, Park Jimin had a weakness.

Taehyung tightened the restraints on Ghost's wrists making the older man grunt and attempt to move his body away from the source of pain.

"I should use barbed wire," Taehyung said as he stood up from his squatting position.

Ghost looked up at him, his mouth twisting into a snarl as his eyes narrowed. He was programmed to be a killer; never take shit from anyone; always end on top; always land on his feet, ready to fight. But what made Taehyung better than Ghost — better than anyone in this godforsaken family — was the fact that he wasn't programmed, he wasn't conditioned. He was born to be the way he is and he learned to embrace what he had by himself. He taught himself how to get by, no one else.

And no matter what happened or what anyone said, Kim Taehyung is and always will be the best of the best.

And therefore, Ghost has no chance against him and he knows it.

"You can't get mad he will never love you the way he loves me," Ghost said as Taehyung walked in front of him.

"The next person who's willing to submit to Jimin's needs will be just as important to him as you were," Taehyung stated, "he doesn't love you, he loves what you can give him."

"Insecurity is a curse," Ghost replied, "it's embarrassing to admit but it's too strong not to show."

If there was anything Taehyung wasn't it was insecure. He couldn't afford to be insecure, it would shatter his very consciousness and break every single thing he's built within himself. Nothing could possibly make him insecure and so he only laughed at Ghost's attempt to belittle him, knowing the man was only trying to save himself some time.

But today, Taehyung wasn't going to kill him. He could look into Ghost's eyes which Jimin had softened over the time of their relationship and tell that the older man believed otherwise. Because Taehyung doesn't play with his catch. He gets to the point and the point always seems to be death.

But not today.

"When they programmed you, Ghost, they forgot to rid you of fear," the redhead stated, cracking his knuckles as he took a seat in front of the older, "you try to conceal it but it's written all over your face. You were programmed to be a murderer but you spend all day cooped up in a tiny room in front of a computer I can't think of any other reason besides the fact that you must be scared."

Ghost didn't respond. He didn't have to.

"I don't fear—"

"You fear me, you fear The Family, you fear everything outside and inside. That's why you latch onto Jimin like a child to his mother. And because Jimin is so fearless, I have a message for him and it'll go through you."