Chapter Twenty-Two: EXTRA

Most of you have already read this chapter. I changed things around a long time ago, moving Chapter Three to Chapter Twenty-Two.

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
sexual assault, r@pe, violence

---

Trauma

Jungkook stayed in and out of school. When he was seven, he was first taken out of school and started homeschooling before his father put him into a private school at twelve — after five years of not being in a classroom. Of course, that didn't end very well but Mr. Jeon was living in denial despite his son having been diagnosed for eight years by now.

When he started middle school at age twelve, he met a thirteen-year-old foreign exchange student from Germany. His name was Daniel. He was the first person to not consider Jungkook an abomination to society. He had even tried to learn about the disorders Jungkook suffered from. He took particular interest in Jungkook's need for cleanliness and symmetry. He made seemingly innocent "mistakes" like purposely messing Jungkook's desk up or disorganizing his backpack or flicking dirt on him. But despite his attempts to make Jungkook panic — because he wanted to see what a panic attack looked like — they somehow became friends.

Maybe because Jungkook never had someone take interest in him unless it was to bully him. So when someone offered to be his friend, he jumped on the opportunity without much thought.

He watched enough TV shows, movies, and YouTube videos to know that his and Daniel's friendship was toxic. Despite the older boy learning about his disorders, he still found ways to trigger Jungkook as if he took pleasure in watching his "friend" panic and/or have nosebleeds.

He and Daniel stayed friends until Daniel graduated from middle school and went to high school. They stopped talking and Jungkook became alone again. His anxiety had gotten worse over the summer thanks to his father trying to "force" away the illnesses he didn't believe in. Jungkook's health had rapidly dropped thanks to his father not allowing him to eat the way he wanted and he had thrown away Jungkook's medications.

When Jungkook entered 8th grade, he had expected Daniel to be there but he wasn't. The bullying got worse as well but the teachers never reported it.

Jungkook's haphephobia didn't appear until his freshmen year in high school. He always had a problem with people touching him but it never got to the point where it would cause him to vomit and/or blackout. He had begged his parents to let him be homeschooled for high school but his father refused.

"There's nothing wrong with you, boy!" The man had yelled. Jungkook was constantly ridiculed for something he couldn't help by his own father and his mother stood by and let it happen.

He greeted his first day of high school with so much anxiety that he had to be sent to the nurse's office the first day thanks to the inevitable anxiety attack. The second day, he saw his old friend in the cafeteria. Jungkook had wanted to approach but he was surrounded by people on his sports team and there was no way Jungkook would voluntarily put himself in a bad situation like that one. It did hurt him a bit. Even when they were friends, he was close to Daniel but Daniel clearly wasn't as close to him. So seeing him easily forget about Jungkook and befriend better, more socially accepted people only made Jungkook fall deeper into a hole. He couldn't even keep one friend.

It was the second month of high school when Daniel finally talked to Jungkook. School never got easier for Jungkook and he was walking on a thin line by only the second month. But when Daniel finally came back into his life, it gave him some type of hope that he could be considered normal. Daniel had matured in some ways — he acted like a typical high school sophomore but he wasn't as mean and childish as he was in middle school. He didn't try to trigger Jungkook anymore.