Chapter Twenty-Six

"Guys...I really think this is a bad idea," Hoseok said, his voice barely above a whisper. He picked at the skin around his fingers, needing something to hold his growing anxiety. "Taehyung doesn't pursue romantic relationships."

Jimin didn't spare him a glance as he sighed. He had no idea why he agreed to bring Hoseok with him and Seokjin. When the older man overheard Jimin's plans to "go out", he thought it meant for food or something like that. He did not know it was to stalk Taehyung. It annoyed Jimin how close Hoseok was to Taehyung. 'He's about as loyal to Taehyung as a dog is to their owner'

"What are you? His dog?" Seokjin asked, taking the words right out of Jimin's head, making the said man smirk and look through the rear view mirror at Hoseok who looked highly uncomfortable and actually a bit scared. It was always surprising just how expressive the trigger-happy man was. Hoseok was an open book and he never tried to hide it. He had terrible anxiety and both Jimin and Seokjin knew how out of control he could get when his anxiety got to a certain limit.

Jimin glanced around the car for weapons that Hoseok might use as an outlet. Even though he couldn't see any, Jimin knew that Hoseok probably had something. He never went anywhere without a gun and he was really good at hiding them on how person too.

"No, I'm just saying to think realistically here," Hoseok said as he leaned forward in the backseat of Jimin's Lamborghini Urus. "He's never been in a romantic relationship. He's only been with Jimin and that's all sexual. He has no feelings for you, I'm sure he's never had feelings for anyone—"

"I'll stop you there," Jimin quickly said, a scowl taking over his frown. "You don't know anything about mine and Taehyung's relationship."

Seokjin rolled his eyes and Hoseok sat back with a smirk.

"I do know that Taehyung would kill you and Ghost with no hesitation or remorse. He doesn't care about you, Jimin. And clearly, if he is fucking with this boy, you're replaceable."

There were easy ways to set Jimin off. Unlike the rest of them, Jimin was a ticking bomb ready to explode on anyone or anything. His ability to go from 0 to 100 in no time is why many people tried to avoid getting his bad side. He wasn't nearly as expressive as Hoseok, but when it came to anger, he took the cake and the candles too. Jimin was vengeful, spiteful, and he had a hige ego. If his ego is hurt in anyway, he would rain hellfire.

Yet, Hoseok continued,

"Anyway, I don't think he'd want to be with someone who's like Jungkook anyway, he seems more my type if we're being honest."

It's true, Hoseok liked people who were at the bottom of the chain. When someone was more anxious than him and completely helpless, it set off something in him that he couldn't ignore. So it surprised Hoseok that Taehyung was wasting his time on someone who doesn't seem his type.

Hoseok knew that Seokjin has always wanted to kill Taehyung. They've never gotten along and Hoseok was surprised that Taehyung made it this long without Seokjin just sending a bullet through his head. Though, Taehyung has had many close calls. But Seokjin needed a good reason to kill the younger man and this was a good reason: betraying the oath all members of The Family took upon graduation.

He knew the younger man would never agree but Hoseok thought of Taehyung as his best friend among everyone in The Family. When they first met, they managed to develop a small friendship and had even exchanged knives and practised together. Hoseok had encouraged him to enter Namjoon's classes and Taehyung had pushed him to go back to the hospital where he lived for four years and kidnap possible assets to The Family.

So the idea of Taehyung who was far smarter and more skilled than any member of the mafia dying just because he foolishly pursued a relationship outside the mafia didn't sit right with Hoseok. Which says a lot considering he really enjoyed killing people to get back at them and for betraying the mafia.