Chapter Nine

"Such a nice read," Taehyung mused as he grabbed the book from Jungkook's table.

The boy had fallen asleep several hours ago. It was currently four in the morning and Taehyung was running on absolutely nothing but his strong willpower to finally get this kill over with. Taehyung could stay up for days. It was something he trained his body to do at a young age and to this day, long hours of nightly sleep were rare for him. It wasn't insomnia or anything like that, he could sleep at will; however, he was used to running and surviving and sometimes that meant not sleeping for a few days. That along with irrational paranoia that formed when he was small and is still growing for some reason to this day.

So here he was in his admirer's quaint and bland apartment. The entire place was spic and span and if Taehyung hadn't seen the boy leave this apartment daily, he would have never thought someone lived in it. The living room consisted of hardwood flooring and white walls. There was a large white couch with white chairs on either end facing the wall that had a somewhat large, wired TV hanging on it. On the opposite side of the room from where Taehyung was standing in front of the door were pair of french doors which Taehyung has never seen Jungkook use. Beside Taehyung was the doorway to the small, dark kitchen and on his right was the short hallway that leads to Jungkook's bedroom and the bathroom.

Taehyung sat down on his admirer's couch with Namjoon's book in his gloved hands. Jungkook had a bookmark on page thirty.

The book truly was a good read, Taehyung would have never guessed someone as secretive as Namjoon would ever publish something for the common man to read; allow random people to know crucial facts of his life. Then again, what was Namjoon to be scared of? They owned South Korea; Namjoon could put the exact address of their shared mansion and they would still roam free. The government authorities were nothing to them - they served the mafia, not the other way around.

He flipped through a few more pages, humming quietly when he saw information about Jimin. Namjoon didn't divulge into the rest of their individual lives besides Seokjin's who permitted him to do so. Jimin had attended an exclusive interview where he talked about his, leaving out some things and changing other things so people would feel bad for him. He had said he was utterly in love with Yoongi and that was during the time he and Yoongi fought so Jimin found himself lying in Taehyung's bed every night.

But Taehyung didn't say anything about it because he didn't care.

As for Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung, and other Crowned Members, they never participated in ways to discuss their lives before the mafia. Then again, Yoongi simply couldn't remember, Hoseok's information could be accessed through the criminal background check unless Namjoon or Seokjin requested for it to be taken down, and Taehyung didn't really speak about what happened. The only thing people know about him was the fact that he was abandoned. The rest are just assumptions.

Although, Jungkook's writings had to be the most unnervingly accurate amongst all the other things Taehyung has read about himself. It made him wonder who exactly Jungkook was. It couldn't be a coincidence that Taehyung had indirectly run into the young boy who was a huge fan of him to the point it seemed as though he was deeply in love with Taehyung and wrote stories and educational or opinionated essays about Taehyung that were incredibly and rather disturbingly accurate.

Did Taehyung have himself a stalker?

'Oh how the tables have turned' he chuckled at the thought of someone stalking him. It was definitely a bizarre thought but it has happened before. Of course, the stalker would be caught immediately and executed, but sometimes Taehyung was flattered.

He would never admit it to himself as it seemed like a very Jimin-like thought, but, sometimes he found himself falling under the saying "all attention is good attention".