Chapter Fourteen

"Tell me a story," Taehyung said as he rested his head against the wall behind the chair where he sat. He heard Jungkook inhale sharply as he didn't know the older man was inside his meek apartment until now.

"A-A story...?" Jungkook asked, standing in the threshold of the hallway.

Taehyung confirmed his question with a hum, keeping his eyes closed and hands clasped in front of him. "A story about your childhood."

It was then when Jungkook noticed the file lying atop the glass table in his living room. He moved towards it and leaned down to grab it but was quickly stopped by Taehyung who grabbed his wrist and squeezed it. Jungkook flinched and instinctively tried to jerk away. His eyes were glued to Taehyung's who's stabbed into him like a knife. It made his spine tingle and a nervous shiver run through his body.

"Story first. Have a seat."

The younger boy did as told, stiffly walking towards the couch that sat across from Taehyung. He stared at the files, noticing a picture of his father and mother.

"My-My parents are rich," he started, "m-my dad is big i-in the business stuff...he d-does investments and he o-owns some properties. My m-mom owns hotels and sh-she's a socialite."

"I don't care about what they do," Taehyung sighed. "I want to hear about your childhood. When were you diagnosed with all your shit and how did they react?"

"I was four..." Jungkook answered, "a-and my dad...he didn't like it."

Taehyung began to grow interested as he moved his head to the side to better see the nervous boy across the small space. "What did he do?"

"He would yell at me, t-tell me I'm taking it, s-sometimes hit me."

Jungkook shivered at the memories of his father taking off his belt to beat Jungkook with. Because the old man believed he could beat the illness out of the young boy. If anything, it only made it worse. Jungkook lived in a terribly toxic environment: his mother wanted to support him but she let her husband run all over her and stomp on Jungkook's debilitating illness and emotions all the time. He remembered the days it was hard for him to breathe or the days his father would actively make him have panic attacks because he thought Jungkook would grow out of this phase through exposure.

It didn't work, obviously.

"When did your haphephobia come from?" Taehyung asked, watching the way Jungkook's face paled as he gripped the arm of the couch. It was as though Taehyung just dragged him into the past and forced him to relive whatever happened to him with just that question. It piqued the deranged man's interest and made him sit up in the chair, a wicked smile creeping onto his face.

"I don't...I-I don't want to talk about that."

"We have to get to know each other," the redhead said innocently. "So what happened?"

"I want t-to keep this to myself."

"You don't trust me the way you said you did," he accused, crossing his arms loosely across his chest and leaning back against the chair. Jungkook quickly looked up at him as if those words physically hurt him.

"I trust you..." He whispered, looking down at his shaking hands. "Y-You're ruining my routine."

Taehyung didn't say anything as Jungkook stood from the chair and made his way to the kitchen. He actually admired Jungkook's stupidity, turning his back on a notorious murder without even so much as a glance; allowing said murder to relax in his home without questions asked. It was almost as if Jungkook's obviously submissive personality immediately connected and latched onto Taehyung's natural dominance.

And it really turned Taehyung on.

He could do anything to Jungkook and Jungkook would let him.

Licking his lips underneath his mask, Taehyung stood from the couch and made his way into the younger boy's kitchen where Jungkook stood in front of the small table, looking down at a plastic plate wrapped in saran wrap. With shaking hands, he removed half of the saran wrap on one side of the plate and took out the sandwich cut evenly in halves.

Taehyung stalked up behind up and leaned over him, pressing his nose against Jungkook's neck, right underneath his ear. Jungkook's entire body tensed, a small gasp leaving his lips as his eyes widened.

"I think you're actually kind of attractive when you're scared," Taehyung whispered as he took the knife from the table and placed it to Jungkook's neck. "More than attractive actually."

"W-Will y-you hurt me?" Jungkook asked and the redhead chuckled deeply, sliding the blade against Jungkook's smooth skin.

"Not yet."

---

It was around one in the morning and Taehyung was forced to go with Namjoon on a check-in to make sure all the trainees are in their bunkers. He hated doing this, it bored him. He wanted to wake up the kids and scare them but Namjoon always pressed how they needed to sleep to perform well in the mafia, later on, however, they will go through deprivation testing to prepare them for that as well. Taehyung aced that, of course.

They were having a quiet conversation as they entered Block B, Taehyung trying to convince his boss to agree on a pressing topic.

"Jeon Junshik is worth a lot of money," Taehyung said to Namjoon as they walked amongst the sleeping trainees in their poorly kept bunkers. "Millions, even."

"Why do you want to kidnap him for ransom?" Namjoon asked, shining a flashlight on the young kids' sleeping faces.

"Personal, Luci, you know we don't ask questions around here."

"You don't plan to send him back after we receive the cash, do you?"

Taehyung scoffed. "Pieces of him."

Namjoon hummed and Taehyung smirked, knowing he just got permission to terrorize Jungkook's family. He could already imagine it being all over the news.

'WIFE OF JEON JUNSHIK, JEON MIYAN, RECEIVES EAR BELONGING TO HER HUSBAND UPON RECENTLY FINDING A RANSOM NOTE'

Jungkook would see it and Taehyung wondered if the obvious masochist would get sadistic pleasure knowing his old abuser is suffering as he had. Taehyung liked being unfair, but he enjoyed taking justice into his own hands even more. Plus, he had to formally thank Jungkook's father for making the boy like this, so messed up in the head.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have a new toy.

"I'll have Guns send one of his gangs out to do the dirty work," Namjoon said as they entered Block C, "how much are we talking?"

"I'll demand $50 million," Taehyung answered, "I know they have it."

"How are you so sure?"

"Trust me, Luci, I know."

---

Word Count: 1134

Thoughts?

Now we're getting somewhere 😏

Omg you guys are going to LOVE Chapter 24

Also please support this artist who is making a webtoon for my book Second Chances. You don't have to read my book (please don't) but please support the artist! It's currently on Tapas as "Second Chances" for free, I'll send the link via pm if you want it and the link is also posted on my message board!!! ❤❤❤✨✨✨

CHAPTER FIFTEEN PREVIEW:

"Taehyung hummed as he pressed the top of his glass coke bottle against his lips. He finally stopped wearing a mask around the man. This was a way to make Jungkook feel more for Taehyung because this meant Jungkook now knew what he looked like. There was a slowly growing trust between the two.

And Taehyung wasn't quite sure where it came from.

"A contract," he answered simply..."