~1~

🎼"Angelica where are you?" My mama called in a hushed voice.

I giggled silently and snuck out of my hiding spot in the wardrobe, a long dark wardrobe that seemed to go on forever behind me. I ran to the bed rushing right past her long legs and hid underneath holding my maraca with the red beady eyes close to my face. Mama already looked under the bed, she won't think of looking again. She twirled around in her pastel pink dress just missing me. "I'm going to get you." She walked out of the room and I waited until I heard her walking down the stairs before I crawled out and walked down a different staircase. Once I was at the bottom I decided that today I was going to play outside with the fairies, I walked to the big glass door but froze when I heard my mama talking in the other room. "Robert I can't find her." She said hysterically. I'm over here! I thought but if I said that then she wouldn't let me out to play with the fairies. I went on my tippy toes and reached for the handle and turned it.

"I'm sure she is hiding in a cupboard somewhere." My daddy told her. I took this chance to step outside and walk down some stairs. My backyard is huge and has an outdoor pool and lots of trees. I love it out here I feel I'm in a magic world. Sometimes when I sing the birds will sing with me. But today I want to be more adventurous. I want to go outside the giant wall and play with someone else. I always feel lonely at home because mama and daddy are no fun they treat me like a baby but I'm not. I'm five years and I can already use big words like incredible and I am a very good reader. Today I'm going to pretend I'm a leopard because they are good at climbing trees, and I have to escape back to the wild so first I have to get out of my cage. I walked up to the tallest tree in the yard and held my maraca in my mouth while I tried to climb up but I fell down on my bum. And I was about to cry but then I remembered that leopards don't cry and also my mama came outside and found me. Oh no...

"There you are I knew I would find you." She picked me up and held me in her arms. "Let's go back inside." But I shook my head.

"I want to go somewhere," I said and she sighed.

"Where would you like to go precious?" She asked.

"Because I'm a magic talking leopard you have to take me to the wild so I can play with other leopards," I said. And she laughed while tucking my white hair behind my ear.

"How about we go to the park instead."

"That would be good too," I said and she laughed looking at me amazed.

"You are an amazing girl you know that?" She said and I giggled.

"Come on let's go!" I yelled and took me inside to change me into a white dress with puffy sleeves and a bright pink ribbon on the back. I hate the dresses she put me in that's why I always try to get them dirty. She helped me downstairs then we got into a very long black car and a man drove us to the park. As soon as mama put me down I ran with my maraca in my hand so fast I felt like I was flying.

"Stay on the playground Angie!" Mama yelled out but I don't want to stay on the playground I'm a leopard that needs to be free and near nature, the playground is boring. I walked over to the sandpit and started making a mountain. Then a boy with messy brown hair and big blue eyes came over and sat across from me.

"Can I play?" He asked and I smiled. "Of course you can!" I yelled and he smiled back I told him my name and he told me his which is Henry. Then he got out some pretty stones and placed them around it then we made a tunnel so little people can walk through and I placed my maraca at the top of it. "Wow, that is a scary toy. It looks evil." I smiled at him deviously.

"I know his name Skully." I said.

"Why do you have a boy toy?" He asked and I stood up really angry. "It's not a boy toy it's a girl toy no one else in the world has this toy." I stomped my foot and crossed my arms over my chest. He looked up at me sort of scared and I felt bad. "I'm sorry Henry I didn't mean to get mad." I apologised then he smiled again but another boy came over and he's creepy looking. Black hair pale skin and also really dark brown eyes almost black like mine. He trotted over and he stomped onto our sand mountain. "Hey!" Henry yelled and the boy started laughing. Then a few other boys came over all of them wearing black like the boy. I took my maraca from the demolished mountain and stood next to Henry.

"Nice toy give to me." The boy demanded. He's scary but not that scary. I stood my ground and glared at him. Who does he think he is. "Give me the toy." I noticed he and the other boys had black wings drawn on their arms.

"It's hers," Henry yelled and took it from my grasp and ran as fast as he could, and all the boys followed.

"Run Henry run." I hate this, why are those boys so mean. I'm not going to just stand here so I ran after them and they ran into the forest part of the park. Mama said to stay on the playground, oh well.

They trapped poor Henry by surrounding him but they didn't notice me, so I hid behind a tree. "Just give me the toy." The mean boy demanded. Now I'm really mad, I finally make a friend and have some fun away from home and he has to come and spoil it! I sucked in some air into my lungs and opened my mouth really wide and I made a noise that sounded like a flock crows cawing mixed with lions roaring, it's the scariest sound I have ever made and it worked all of the mean boy's friends ran away crying but the mean boy stayed put a little shaky and Henry peed his pants. I didn't mean to scare him. I came out from behind the tree and gave him my death glare. But then a tall man came down from the sky, he has black eyes tan skin and messy black hair and also giant black wings. He grabbed the mean boys arm and glared at him.

"Blaz you stupid boy what are you doing?!" He growled and the boy... Blaz looked up at him afraid.

"I was just trying to help her this boy took her toy and I was going to get it back for her." He said and I can't believe it. He's lying.

"No, you weren't you were trying to take it from me!" I yelled at him and glared at me then the big man finally took notice of me and his gaze softened when he saw me. He let go of Blaz and came up to me kneeling down to my height.

"Hello, little one what's your name?" Up close he looks really amazing, not as scary as I thought.

"Angelica...." I murmured a little afraid. That's when Henry came over and passed my maraca.

"Sorry, it's broken one of the red eyes fell out." I looked at it and felt a teardrop from my eye. Then I got angry.

"You broke it I'll get you for that!" I yelled then ran up to Blaz who just smiled but the tall man grabbed my arm gently and spun me around. He looked at me amazed then he looked at my toy.

"Never thought I'd see you again." He whispered then he placed his hand on my maraca and when he removed it... it's fixed! I gasped amazed and I gave him a hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you uh... what's your name?"

"William." He said. Where have I heard that name before?

"I like your wings." I complimented and he chuckled. "You're an angel." He nodded then I heard the screaming of my name. Oh no, mama! I'm in trouble. I turned to Henry who looked confused and I grabbed his hand and faced William again. "Can I see you again?" I asked and he gave me a saddening look.

"Time to go Blaz! Go find the others." He ordered the mean boy and I turned my head in his direction and poked my tongue out at him. And he stuck his own tongue but it looks like a snake's and I yelped! "Blaz go!" William yelled and he ran into the trees. Then William flew up into the air and disappeared from sight. I wish I could fly like that.

"Angelica! I told you to stay near the playground." Mama scowled and her blue eyes looked at me up and down and she scowled again then looked at Henry's and my joint hands.

"I'm sorry mama a boy was being mean to us," I said. "We also saw an angel!" I yelled excitedly. Her gaze softened and then she took us back to the playground. Where we met Henry's mum who looked like an overgrown pig wearing a wig. Compared to her my mum is beautiful, blond, blue-eyed and has long spider legs. They chatted for a bit before Henry and I had to go our separate ways and then mum took me home where she had a fight with daddy about me. But I was too busy to notice I drew lots of different pictures of William and me flying together. I hope I do see him again.....

____________________________________________________________________________

Instagram: elektra_thea