~37~

🎼 The epic staredown of the century and it's not even against Blaz. The twins stood before me as I leaned agaist the front door purposely blocking their escape. They just stood there like lifeless dolls, literally wearing matching pink checkered dresses, so bright, so sweet that contrasted with their dark personalities.

"Stacy. Macy." I greeted coldly. I doubt I seem threatening in my pink cow pyjamas and hair tied back in a messy bun but I don't care at this point. I don't care flawless they look they're not an epic supernatural creature.

"Oh my god look it's the rebel." Stacy forced a grin.

"Heard your parents fighting last night." Macy added.

"What are you two doing to Michael?" I questioned.

"I beg your pardon?" Macy laughed.

"Why would we do anything to Michael?" Stacy chuckled.

"Because you're soulless, evil, life sucking mutants."

"You shouldn't have to care for him since you're not really part of this family."

I leaned off the door and somehow I have grown to match their height within a few days. I could tell this caught them off guard. "I bet you wish you had that as an excuse." I whispered right at Macy's face.

"You don't know anything about us." Stacy hissed while Macy and I locked glares daring each other to make a move.

"We are capable of many dangerous things."Macy whispered.

"Have fun at school." I smirked opening the front door for them. They gladly passed me already bored with me and I swung the door shut so it hit their butts on the way. "Oops." I breathed spinning on one foot then dragged myself to the kitchen. I didn't enter though because I know my mum is in there. Waiting for me. Waiting to talk to me about me. A subject I loathe more than maths!

Breathe.

I walked into the kitchen where mum stood in a long sleeved blue dress and her golden hair was tied back in a bun. She looks like she's ready to go to job interview, she's even got the nervos expression to match it.

"Shall we go out for ice-cream?" She said too cheerfully.

"I'm turning sixteen mum. I don't think this can be solved with ice-cream."

"How did you find out?"

"Wasn't hard to figure out." I said untying my bun and running my fingers through my hair. I don't exactly want to mention that I had Mr Cat 'tell me'. "The secret box in the attic helped a lot to figure out why I have white hair." She brought her hand to her mouth gazing up at the ceiling. She let her hand fall to her side and stared back at me.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew? How long have you known?!"

"Awhile."

"You're always going to be my daughter. I have loved you as much as any mother would and I understand if you want to find out who she is..."

"No, I don't." I said quickly.

"What?" She seems confused. Why is she confused?

"Not now... not yet."

"Not yet? Well when?"

"Just later in life."

"I don't understand you Angelica." I don't think I really understand myself either. I don't know what to think of myself. "What do you want to know? You have to want to know something about your parents."

"I do. Trust me I do... Just not now."

"And why not?"

"Because I've got too much else on my mind to worry about the people who've abandoned me!"