~39~

Vote, Comment, share

🎼The day ended and I have never felt so lost in my life. I'm not used to this. I feel almost incomplete as if I forgot something today but I guess it's just the absence of Blaz. Without him to aggravate, infuriate, making hurtful/sexual comments about me, without him even breathing down my neck is just well... it's foreign.

I've grown so used to him that I don't know how to function when he's not here. Nicole has kept her distance and I think that's only because she's afraid of our principal losing his temper on her again. I avoided Henry, Lara avoided me and I avoided slowly sinking into madness. Ha! But I'm already mad!

I rushed through people in the street even tried to teleport a few times but it exhausted me after moving two metres from the original spot.

"Angelica?" I stiffened turning my head down in the direction where his voice came from.

"Ranger." He was propped back against the dirty brick wall in between two buildings. "You brought me to an alleyway? Is this where you hold a knife to my throat and steal my wallet?"

"This is where," He started taking my hand and interlocking our fingers. "We go take that train." He gestured with his chin to a train station just across from us. "And I take you out to somewhere so I can help you."

I tugged my hand from his grip and slipped it in my jumper pocket. "Why can't we just talk about it here?"

"We don't know whose listening and there's a place I know that even Blaz himself would never enter." That finalised my decision.

"Take me." He smiled and his lip rip winked under the light. He pulled his grey hood over his head, the shade of it lighter than mine and strutted past me expecting me to follow. I did despite the gut feeling telling me not to.

~ 🎶 ~

Every once in awhile when we were off the train walking down unfamiliar streets I would glance over my shoulder sensing eyes watching me from somewhere. And every time I saw nothing out of the ordinary I mentally hoped it was just Mr Cat looking for me. Ranger though I know he is no danger to me is too quiet for my liking. He's probably safer than Blaz though so I tried to feel less uneasy in the silence.

"So what did the rat do?" He finally asked.

"I don't want to talk about him Ranger."

"Fair enough." He grinned to himself.

"Oh God if you start to behave as smugly as him I will take my business elsewhere."

His face dropped and he looked at me panicked. "Oh no... Uh Angelica..."

"I've already had Henry tackle me to the ground and act like HIM so if you start with me!"

"Angelica! I would never behave like him. He's a rodent. I don't know what happened to you with that mortal but if you need me to..."

"I can sort out my own problems."

"Did he try something?"

"Did you not listen to what I just said?" I snapped viciously and he stared ahead dumbstruck. A face reading 'better shut up or the time bomb will explode' so I only got more pissed off.

"Uh... alright." He dragged out. Then he suddenly stopped and pointed to something ahead of us. "Never mind. So see that building over there?" I looked. How could I miss it?

"Th-the building has a building floating above it." And it's upside down. Am I losing my mind? Oh wait. I already lost it.

"Oh good you can see it." He beamed relieved. "My father runs it."