~19~

🎼I rushed inside following on behind Nicole. Where have I seen that necklace? I can feel my heart drumming loudly in my ears.

"Angelica?" Ranger whispered loudly to me but I shushed him.

"Nice work mole by wearing that skirt you've ruined every boy in this room's imagination." I called and she turned fully around but still was walking backwards. I got a good look at that necklace as it glistened under the sunlight. I know that necklace.

"Granny jealous?" She asked mockingly.

"No Granny waiting for a grandchild to fall out of there."

"You calling me fat bitch?"

"No I just called you a slut."

"Alright girls just go to your benches." I teacher ordered as she walked in and Nicole walked to the back bench with Erica. I would think poor Erica but that necklace is bothering me so much it is frustrating. I feel like I'm missing something.

"Angelica you shouldn't be wasting your time with dumb people like that." Ranger said as he led me to bench more close to the teacher's bench.

"You bother with Blaz." I said unable to gaze away from the necklace even though my body is facing away from it.

"Touche." He said.

"Actually to be technical he is a little smart so that comeback doesn't work." I said and he scoffed. "Even you can't deny he has some smarts."

"Oh I can. What did he do to you last night mess with your brain?"

"OK seriously what are you talking about?" I questioned getting annoyed at him.

"This morning, I saw you outside alone in the streets. We sat together then Blaz... You don't remember?" He questioned then paused his face changing from confusion to realization. "You don't remember." He said this time. Not question. And I gazed at him confused. "Angelica..." He cupped my face in his hands and I felt self conscious of the people who may be looking. Especially Erica.

"Ranger..." I was about to tell him to get his hands off me but his eyes analyzed my eyes. And I felt like I couldn't move from his gaze. I didn't really want to move.

"He wiped your memory of this morning." Ranger whispered to me then let go because a teacher told him to and I felt the world slow down. I feel like the brain cells are now swirling around my brain. Searching for some blockage. I can feel it now, something is missing. I looked over my shoulder at the necklace and my body started shaking as that bloodied face came into view. My hands gripped the bright golden bench and my knuckles started turning white. I heard the teacher talking but I wasn't listening. I just tied my snow hair back into a ponytail. Opened up my book to the page and Ranger as my now cooking partner started getting everything ready. But my face must be worrying him. I don't know how I look but obviously it's odd for me because he place his cold hand over mine. Compared to Blaz' his burns with fire. And then that memory came back to me. Blaz has fire powers.

"Angelica?" I stopped thinking and gazed up at Ranger. Who stared me down concerned. "I know you probably..."

"I believe you, it makes sense." I breathed then moved my hand under his so it was holding hos tightly. What memories did he steal from me? That insensitive prick.

"Miss Shanley please get back to cooking."

"Yes Miss." I said and then actually read what we were making. Chocolate cake.

Usually I would with joy but my brain is buzzing. Subconsciously I was working with Ranger getting the flour ready and the sugar and blah blah. Even when I felt Ranger's hand on my hip as he reached for something beside me didn't make me stir.