~17~

~17~
🎼"Did I scare you princess?" He grinned that perfect toothy grin and I turned away remembering the blood and that cruel face. "And did you just swear?" He teased so I faced him again really not in the mood for this. It's late, or early, it's dark... And Blaz is a Dark Angel... I clutched the heart tightly in my hand and looked at anything but him. Mr Cat patted me with his paw and I smiled sweetly down at him.
"Blaz?" I gazed up at him my smile slipping away. "I... I can't do this with you right now..."
"Do what?" He started walking towards all panther like. His body language reading dangerous. But his smirk reading 'just another scum bag'.
"Deal with your shit." I stated and he gave me an analysing glare. Searching something in my face so I kept it straight and side stepped around him.
"What's wrong?" He more questioned than asked sympathetically and he grabbed my arm forcefully hauling me back into him. I turned on him really annoyed then smelt his breath. It reeks of alcohol.
"Apparently your breath. Have you been drinking?" I scrunched my face in disgust as he just shrugged. "Dumb question..." I tugged my arm from his grasp but he only tightened his grip probably cutting off blood circulation. "Let me go." I demanded and he smirked the his eyes trailed down to my free hand holding the necklace. I instinctively tightened my grip on it.
"What's that?"
"Nothing." I quickly said which was a stupid thing to do. "I mean what?" He chuckled then reached out for it but I moved away from him. "Don't." I threatened and he took that as a challenge. "Blaz come on just leave me alone..." He tried grabbing the necklace again but this time I shoved him away from me.
"What is that in your hand?"
"None of your business!" I exclaimed then turned around to run but he had his arms around in a split second. "Let go of me!"
"What are you hiding?" He whispered in my ear and it took everything for me not to shiver. Even through the big coat I can feel his firing body heat. His hand slid up my outstretched arm so I moved the heart close to my chest making me lean more into him. So I kept trying to shake him off, struggling to get free from him.
"Blaz let me go!" I kicked his shin making him loosen his grasp on me then stumbled away from him. But he came at me again grabbing the hand with the heart. "Let go!"
"What is it that you have to hide?" He tried to open my hand and I kept trying to pull it away.
"I could ask you the same thing." I snapped and then one of Blaz's fingers snuck in and looped into the chain. He pulled onto the chain and ripped the necklace from my hand. "No Blaz please." I begged as he admired it and swiped his thumb over the amethyst in the middle. He then tried to pick it out with his fingers so I smacked his hand and tried to grab it again. But then I heard a click sound. No, what's he done? I snatched it from his hand and saw that the heart is actually a locket.
"Hey rich girl..."
"Shut up for a second spaz... You opened it somehow..." I looked at the amethyst and realised it is a button. I opened the locket fully and saw inside the hearts two black and white pictures of a man and woman. Then embossed around the frame the names William and Dara showed. "Oh my god."
"Show me." I almost forgot about Blaz. But I don't want to show him this because he won't help me. Knowing him he'll just steal it from me.
"I have a better idea." I swung my fist into his cheek and he fell to the ground cupping it. "Respect people's boundaries asshole!" Damn my hand hurts but now he knows that every time he really crosses the line he's just going to get a punch in the face. I started running away holding the heart tightly in my hand refusing to look back. He's a dark angel so he could come at me anytime. Speaking of which where did Mr Cat go? I don't know how to get home from here. I don't really know where I am... I kept speed walking avoiding alleyways in search for either the cat or a street I recognise. Eventually I found a bench in front of a closed coffee shop and sat down to look at the locket. William and the my adult angel look alike Dara. They're lovers, that's all I got from that dream. But why would I have this locket? In our attic? And why do I recognise it from somewhere. I avoided touching the pearl and admired the pictures. William looks so handsome and Dara is a true beauty. No wonder they fell for each other. It would be interesting to know how they met. Romeo and Juliet only with Angels. How they have been together? They are supposed enemies... Maybe that's why I saw her screaming and the blood.
"Boo!" Someone shouted at my ear and I screamed jumping away and he laughed.
"Ranger? What..." I hid the locket in my pocket. "What are you doing out so late?" Private Light angel business I suppose. He stood there behind the bench, his lip piercing glinting under the moonlight. Same grey jacket and faded ripped jeans but his hair looks a little darker.
"I could ask you the same thing." He leaped over the bench effortlessly and sat down right beside me, sliding his behind my shoulders.
"I won't ask if you won't." I suggested and he laughed agreeing.
"Fine then but you shouldn't be out alone. It's dangerous."
"I just took down the most vile mugger out there. I can take care of myself..." I stated even though I'm still a fret of nerves. Kind of glad he's here actually...
"You did what?" He asked. Taking it seriously and well I guess what Blaz did you can consider as assault.
"Nothing." I sighed.
"Do you need help getting home?" He asked and I smiled up at him. "Even if you say no I'm going to take you home anyway." Great two angels will know where I live.
"Noway flower boy." I stiffened when I saw Blaz walk around the other side of the bench and stand in front of us. Ranger stood up so I quickly stood looking between the both of them. "I am bringing her home."
"Uh I do believe that's my decision." I said and Blaz scowled glaring down at me.
"Please. You know you can only trust me. Not this prancer."
"You! A little weasel like you! Angelica don't listen to him. You're not safe with scum like him."
"Takes one to know one right?"
"Watch it man-whore." Ranger growled and I stood there shocked. Mr Cat looked over the scene up on the roof while they bickered on and I sighed relief. Don't need these two anymore. When I looked back between the two of them they were swearing and insulting each other.
"Hey boys..." Somehow I've become invisible because both are oblivious of me standing right here. Mr Cat yowled and I realised he wanted me to ditch them both. But if I left would they try to murder each other? "Not my problem." I whispered to myself and turned around to start walking off.
"Hey. HEY HEY! Little rich girl where are you going?" Blaz shouted out after me but I kept on walking while Mr Cat walked up on the roof.
"Angie? Wait up I'll take you home." I can Ranger's footsteps but then I heard him groan so I turned around. I don't know what Blaz did but now both are furious.
"Like hell you will." Blaz growled and I have never seen him this vicious before.
"You would know a lot about hell wouldn't you?" If I had no idea about this angel business I would think of this as a horrible thing to say. But all I can do is remain silent.
"Both of you stop it!" I snapped.
'Meow'
"Not now..." I said up at him then he leaped down into my arms and stared at the boys. "Listen I can find my own way home. Blaz go back to your party and your mole." Ranger snickered and Blaz kept a straight face. "Ranger. Thank you for the offer and I'll see you tomorrow."
"You can't go off on your own." Ranger said and Blaz glared up at him. As if he couldn't believe he was standing so close to him.
"How do you think I got here in the first place? Plus I'm not alone. I have the cat."
"Princess." Blaz said calmly wearing an unreadable expression. "I know where you live." He didn't say it in that creepy way he said in 'I'm the best and only safe option'.
"Blaz... What you did before..."
"I don't regret it."
"I can get you arrested if you try it again." Once I said it Ranger's eyes popped put of his head. But Blaz smirked.
"Right." He and I both know it won't make a difference. He knows I know something so I don't why but I wanted to smile. Of course I didn't.
"Please tell me you don't have the bike?"
"Angelica?" Ranger started but then froze his eyes widening and staring at something behind me. I feared it was the face with blood drooling down his mouth because even Blaz seemed nervous. And Blaz doesn't get nervous. I turned around and saw four men in long grey coats standing there in a line all looking directly at me. One of them I recognised from the man in alley pointing the gun at Blaz's head. The golden hair, 30 year old man who looks like an Ancient Greek God. Oh my... Now I know why I found Ranger familiar.
"Father." Ranger said now right behind me. I looked down at Mr Cat for a sign but he looked Blaz over my shoulder. I looked to see he hadn't moved a muscle. He's the only Dark angel, they might kill him.
"Ranger." His father acknowledged with a nod to him then eyed at me and the cat. "Who is this?" I felt nervous and surprised he didn't recognise me. I gazed up at Ranger while he watched his father in such adoration I noticed his lip piercing has disappeared. All teens have something to hide from their parents even if angels.
"This is Angelica. My g... Friend." What the...? His father looked over all of us to watch Blaz then he looked at the other three men as if discussing something through a mind link. Do angel's have those? "Angelica this is my Dad Eamon." Another odd name.
"Ranger you're meant to be with me tonight. So we can get some work done." His father voiced sternly and I gulped down the frog in my throat.
"Pleasure to meet you. But Ranger since you're busy you should not have offered me to take me home. Blaz lets go." I turned around and everyone stiffened except for Ranger who grabbed my arm.
"Angie..." H whispered unsure and I smiled up at him reassuring him.
"Young lady are you sure that's the best option?" His father asked as his men started stepping around us. I won't let them near him. As much as I dislike him... I stepped away from Ranger and Blaz was surprised to see me coming towards him. I stood beside him and gazed into his dark eyes. They searched mine for something. I don't know what so I turned around to face the others.
"Listen I have unfortunately known Blaz for at least all of my life so I can trust him with a quick trip to take me home." I expected a snicker from either Blaz or Ranger but silence filled the air.
"I'm afraid I can't..."
"Lets go princess. Nice PJ's by the way." He quickly remarked before linking his arm with mine. Mr Cat yowled loudly then crawled over Blaz's shoulders and hanged around his neck like a scarf.
"Now you notice.... Look who's the new favourite?" I stared at Mr Cat suspiciously and Blaz smirked.
"All pussies..."
"Stop! Yuk what is wrong with you?" I exclaimed covering my ears glancing at the men and Ranger. They're all stiff as statues and then Blaz turned me around and I swear I heard Ranger whimper. I looked over my shoulder and smiled at him comfortingly and he smiled back but still glared warily at Blaz's back. "I'll see you later today Ranger." He chuckled stuffing his hands in his pockets.
"Good morning Angelica." The way he said my name made something flutter in my stomach. Smooth and flirty... Blaz made a disgusted sound as he dragged me along away from the Light angels.
"That's Angelica?" I heard his father question but then Blaz quickly pulled behind a building making me stumble into him.
"Jesus Blaz. Be careful this princess is fragile." I said sarcastically as he clung on to me. "Blaz?" I noticed how vulnerable he looks right now. He looks like he's seen a ghost. Are angels considered ghosts? He looked at me however when he saw my concerned expression he straightened and shook me off him as well as the cat.
"I'm fine." He growled at me.
"I'm just concerned."
"Just shut up alright." He snapped at me and Mr Cat hissed at him so Blaz hissed back down at him. I scoffed glared at him.
"What the hell is wrong with you? I just saved your ass from those Light angels..." His nostrils flared. "Or gang." I made bunny quotations with my fingers. "And now you're acting like a complete ass."
"I'm a complete ass! What about you and flower boy?"
"Flower boy?"
"You are into him aren't you?"
"I don't understand where this is coming from and how it's even any of your business." Blaz stepped right into my breathing space and I hesitated as I stared into his eyes. He's piercing his gaze into me and I felt the shiver go down my spine again.
"Nicole's right you are a slut." He whispered right at my mouth and I felt like I was just slapped in the face.
"Screw you." I hissed back and he cocked his head to the side leaning forward a little more.
"When princess?" I stepped away from him and stood behind Mr Cat so he kept Blaz back.
"I'm going home I suggest you do the same."
"Who are you my mother?"
"I pray for that woman." He froze stunned his mouth dangling open. Guess he didn't expect a comeback?
"Don't mention my mother to me." He said sternly. Which is another new side of him I haven't seen. He looks like he's reliving a sad memory. This is the kind of Blaz I could be friends with.
"I'm too tired to ask so good morning Blaz and..." His hands slowly burned red and flames appeared when he clenched into fists. I gawked and screamed running to his side. "Blaz your hands."
"Wha? Shit." He shook the flames off like it was nothing. Just something that happens. But he then stared at me clueless at what to do.
"Do all Dark angels have that ability?" I expected a scolding or a scowl but he just sighed in regret.
"You want to know about my kind?"
"You're finally going to tell me? Or still going to pull more bullshit on me?"
"When you swear. I swear it's the most adorable thing I've ever heard." He complimented smiling down at the ground and now I'm stunned.
"Do...don't...don't change the subject..."
"You stuttered. Why are you stuttering?" He teased and I shut my mouth trying to hide a smile forming. Why am I smiling?!
"Stop it." I covered my mouth with my hand and looked down at Mr Cat who rolled his eyes.
"What?" He asked confused.
"Making me smile... That's not normal." I declared but then started giggling. I shook it off and gazed up Blaz.
"Please explain to me..."
"I'm not explaining anything. I'll show you tomorrow night."
"What? Blaz..."
"Princess, where's the locket?" He keeps one switching to different subjects I swear I'm getting dizzy. My hand slowly sliding into my mother's coat pocket holding the locket. "Show me."
"I don't respond well to orders Blaz. And this locket is private."
"Well so are angels. And because I'm a Dark angel you shouldn't say no to me."
"I'm also not one to make the smartest decisions." I stiffened in shock. It's happening again, the pain in my back. "Ah! Oh god! Not again..." I stumbled forward and Blaz caught me in his arms.
"It's happening again isn't it?" He held me up and squashed my head in his neck feeling my back with his hands. Again it's like daggers piercing from inside my body trying to get out.
"Blaz it hurts."
"The amount of times a girl has said that to me..."
"Blaz!" I punched his chest then squealed and moaned. "Why is this happening to me?"
"I don't know princess. Just hold on ok." I felt myself sweat and my legs turn into jelly but with Blaz as my support he helped keep me on my feet.
'MeOW'
"Follow the cat." I told him then he scowled.
"The cat? Seriously?"
"Blaz this is not the time. I feel like daggers are pushing their way from the inside of my back." Or maybe I'm shape shifting into a porcupine. I kept that to myself as Blaz's arm wrapped around my waist to hold me up. I rested my head on his shoulder the leather coat cool on my sweaty hot cheek. I moaned loudly because the pain is still there but only reacts badly when I take a step.
"Where does the cat want to take us?"
"I down know but I never question him." I felt light headed and the world started spinning. "Blaz?"
"Yes?"
"I didn't know you had a twin."
~🎶~
"Mr Furia? What are you... Miss Shanley?" My vision is blurry and I feel like my actual spine is shaking. The pain is still there I know it is but I'm too weak to react.
"Mr Riley. You knew what to do last time. I need you to repeat it." Blaz, yeah that's Blaz's sexy voice. I did not think that... I'm not thinking straight from the pain.
"Ah!" I screamed holding onto Blaz tightly as the pain surged up my spine and hit my brain. Metal abuse 101. After a few seconds I realised I was in Blaz's arms bridal style.
"Bring her inside." Mr Riley said and my vision started coming back as we stepped through the door. He was covered in a blue striped robe and but he's not wearing his glasses. I rested my head on Blaz's shoulder and I heard whimpering. Oh that's me.
"Blaz. Where are we?" I whispered to him and he rested his cheek on my sweaty head. Sort if rocking me in his arms.
"At our science teacher's house."
"You broke into Mr Riley's house?" I asked shocked then moaned while he chuckled.
"No... Not this time anyway."
"Place her on the bed."
"Bed? Kinky..." I mumbled and I felt Blaz's body shake. Then pain shook me up and I screamed and whined as I felt myself being seated onto the edge of the bed.
"Take her coat off." Mr Riley said as he walked out of the room. Blaz slipped the fur coat off my shoulder but my sweated skin sort of made it stick to me. He forced it down and I stood up to get it completely off me then I heard thump of metal fall onto the floor.
"The locket..." I whispered unable to speak properly as I fell back onto the bed hunching over. Blaz bent over and picked it up in his hands, opening it up to look at the images. "Blaz that's priv... Ah!" He closed it making it click then placed it on the bedside table on top of the coat. The pain came again but is time it didn't go away. I cried and screamed falling back and feeling like I might look slightly crippled to him. But he leaned over me and tried to hold me still. The pain is too much for me to bare and I think I might faint again.
"Hadi! Hurry up! She's dying!" Blaz yelled over his shoulder which made me shocked. I'm dying...? But I've barely lived. Blaz stared back down at me but it wasn't his face I was looking at. The evil eyeless face with blood drooling down his mouth sneered at me and I screamed dragging my painful body away. He came after me so I kicked his face back and then Blaz's face appeared again and he covered his nose. "Uh bloody heaven!" He groaned and I would have laughed if I wasn't a furious terror at the moment. I rested my head back and stared at the ceiling.
"I'm sorry... I thought I saw something."
"Blaz give her this. But whatever you do don't smell it." I heard Mr Riley order and then Blaz came around the other side of the bed towards me. I whimpered and bit my tongue to stop screaming in pain again. Blaz held an odd looking pink flower, little petals bunched together but it looks like it has a smiling face on it. Then Mr Riley whispered some strange unrecognisable words and the flower exploded. The petals swirling around in the nonexistent wind and then spiralled their way to my face. I breathed through my nose and the flowers smelt as sweet as heaven would. My vision changed, everything looks a bit brighter and the pain subsided. In fact it's gone and I started giggling when I heard light humming in ears. The petals danced above my head and pink sparkles swirled around around them.
"It's so pretty." I whispered and I felt the bed shuffle beside me. I turned my head and saw Blaz laying next to staring right at me. "The pain is gone." I told him. He remained silent then looked up at the petals with his huge pupils. That's what happened with the cat when he smelt the petals.
Where is that cat?
"Blaz I don't why you did it. But thank you for helping me. Even if it was just payback for saving you from Light angels." I said staring at his strong jaw. His lips remaining in a thin line showing no emotion in his entire face.
"I hate it when you say my name." He responded confusing me.
"What do you want me to call you. A spaz?" I responded and he closed his eyes laughing.
"I don't appreciate that new nickname of mine."
"Oh yeah? Well I hate the names you call me so boohoo." We both chuckled and I realised how close we are. Shoulders and arms touching. Suddenly he looked at me and I saw something spark in his eyes.
"What are you thinking?" He asked.
"I can't freaking believe I'm sharing a bed with you." He burst out laughing and it was a sweet sexy laugh that doesn't sound like it's mocking me. I've brought out the weird side of Blaz. And I like him. The petals decided to fall on our faces and I tried flicking one of but because I'm so sweaty it wasn't easy.
"What were you doing out on the streets? You're too rich to be a prostitute." I ignored the last part which was easy when Blaz's hand flew to my face to pick little petals off my face.
"Thinking. Mr Cat led me to that locket and I'm trying to figure out what it's doing in my attic. Why William keeps popping up and his lover Dara."
"How do you know about their forbidden love affair?"
"Forbidden? Why because of what their kind is? What's the big difference? No offence Blaz but Ranger is pretty much a blond version of you only sweeter."
"He is nothing like me and he is not sweet. He's an idiot. A little daddy's boy as you saw before."
"No he's not, you're just saying that because you're archenemies. I have to say it was very low of him to call you a man whore. Even if it is true."
"It takes one to know one." He simply stated and I oohed then giggled.
"You're both terrible. Dear god what do the petals do to you?"
"It's like an angel drug. The smell distracts you from any pain and kind of gets you on a high. It's a great to get the truth out of people too, see like right now. Usually I would have a smart remark and distract you from speaking the truth. But right now I can't stop."
"So I can ask you anything and you will answer truthfully."
"Exactly and I can ask you and you'll answer truthfully."
"Interesting alrighty then lets do this. Blaz..."
"Everybody get up!" Blaz yelled out loud at the ceiling and I watched him confused and my train of thought slipped away. Wow I bet that's the petals work I can't remember what I was going to say. "Everybody get up Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey,"
"Blurred lines hahaha I love this song!" I screamed and he continued singing with his deep voice. "If you can't hear what I'm trying to say. If you can't read from the same page."
"Maybe I'm going deaf!" I sang and he gazed at me again smiling brightly his pupils huge and his eyes looking a little pink. "Maybe I'm going blind, maybe I'm out of my mind!" I swivelled my head a little as the music played inside my head. Then I felt Blaz's arm wrap over my stomach and he turned my whole body to face him. "Ok now he was close," I continued. "Tried to domesticate you." He pressed his body against mine and held me close pressing his nose on mine.
"But you're an animal baby it's in your nature." I rested my hands on his wide hard chest not feeling a even a drop of worry of how bad this situation is. "Just let me liberate you..." I pushed myself away from him, well tried to so instead I turned my body to face the ceiling again. But Blaz kept my gaze locked with his as well as my body trapped in his arms.
"You don't need no papers."
"That man is not your maker..." He whispered leaning forward, his lips trying to reach mine. I hesitated then whipped my head up at the ceiling and shot my hands up in the air.
"And that's why I'm gon'take a good girl!" I waved my hands in the air. But Blaz threw himself on top of me making me squeal.
"I know you want it."
"Nope. No I don't." I giggled holding him back from me. "Hey hellhound get off."
"Hellhound?"
"Furia. Your last name is Latin, it literally mean hellhound."
"You speak Latin?" He asked unbelievably.
"Oh fluently." I said sarcastically. "Do hell hounds exist?" I asked him and he nodded. "Oh yeah, scary mutts but fun when you're on their good side." He assured and he looked like he was dazed.
"What's the story of William and Dara?"
"They fell in love got caught and haven't seen each other since. What's more to say?"
"That's it? There's nothing else?"
"Well there's a myth that they had a child but..." He stared at me and I saw his brown eyes widen and his pupils going back to normal. "Angelica why do you have that locket?"
"I think I've had since I was born. Anyway don't change the subject... They had a child?" But that would make it half Dark and half Light. "What happened to it?"
"It doesn't exist," he said then crawled off me turning away. "It doesn't exist..." He repeated. "William told me there was no child." He said and I stood up getting off the bed picking up a petal and holding it tightly in my hand. I touched his shoulder and he turned around analysing my face with his eyes. I stuck the petal under his nose so his eyes dilated again and turned a little pink.
"Tell me what you're thinking." I ordered in hushed voice as I threw the petal away.
"I don't have to tell you anything. I'm more experienced with this stuff princess." I groaned in annoyance while he smirked then stared wondrously at the ceiling. "God this stuff is good." He said and I rolled my eyes thinking about who could give me some answers. But then it came to me.
"Mr Riley." I called out running around Blaz but he's too high to notice. Out of the bedroom then down some old creaky stairs. The house is nice just very bare. I stepped down to where the front door is then walked through another door which is I'm assuming the living room. Little box TV and a cute little brown checkered couch facing it. Small place with no sign of anyone living here. No photos, decorations just the simplest small furniture.
"Yes Angelica." I jumped when I heard his voice behind me. I turned around to face him as he stood in the doorway. In a striped robe making his head look minuscule on his body. "How are you feeling?"
"I'm fine. For now... But I have many questions..."
"I'd be surprised if you didn't. However Angelica are you sure you really want to know?"
"No. But please tell me anyway." I pleaded and he stepped forward his hands now behind his back.
"What do you want to know?" He asked and I'm at a loss for words. Mental blank... What more is there to know? "How about..." He started, seeing as I am clueless as to what I want to know. "We begin with what you do know?"
"Ok... Where do I begin?" I asked myself.
"I suggest the beginning." Is he being a smart aleck? I huffed and nodded. "I'll make hot chocolates. Do you think Blaz would want one?"
"He's too high... Maybe give him a glass of water." I suggested and he chuckled fixing his glasses as he walked out of the room. I followed him staring the front door then back at him as he lead past the staircase and into a white tiled kitchen. "Do you live alone?" I asked as he walked to the island bench.
"Yes."
"Oh..." I said awkwardly as I sat down at a little table with creaky wooden chairs. "Um... How did you get involved in... In this angel..."
"I am a dark angel." My eyes widened as they stared at his back. He turned around holding two mugs then gave one to me.
"Uh... I have no response to that." Was all I said. And he chuckled taking a sip from his cup. So I quickly took a sip from my hot chocolate and I moaned pleasurably at the taste. "Interesting taste. What is it honey?"
"No it's a potion. After a few seconds you'll blackout and then forget everything that happened just now." He said calmly.
"What!?" I screamed feeling dizzy.
"Ha-ha." Blaz called from the doorway.
"You're going to have to carry her." Mr Riley stated but Blaz just shrugged.
"No problems with that." He smirked at me and I stood up backing away.
"I hate you." I snapped at him.
"Feeling's neutral." He sneered then my sight went away and I fell unconscious.

Pic of Blaz on the side --->