~41~

🎼 "Meow meow, me, ow, ow, meow meow..." I paused in the doorway staring at my nephew incredulously as he knelt down on the carpeted floor in front of the coffee where the cat sat looking down at him.

"Michael?"

He turned his head looking at me all dressed in a cute little black suit. Who put him in a pink shirt though? "Yes?"

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm talking to Mr Cat. He's very brilliant." He grinned as if he were awed by the cat's purrfection.

"True that but um... You can speak to him in English he understands you he just can't communicate." I continued to out as to get to the staircase.

"Yes he can."

I froze and came back to the doorway. Michael was frowning confused. I questioned. "What?"

"He can speak." He persisted.

Before I could further investigate Sally flew in dressed vibrantly in pink that suited her blonde waves of hair framing her slender face. She scowled everyone. "Come along all of you. Angelica you're not ready yet? Really? You can't be late to your own party."

"I don't want to go."

"Don't be silly you have to."

"It's too much!" I shouted exasperated.

"Only the best for my little girl."

"It's ridiculous everyone will be there and they will all laugh and snicker because the whole thing..." I realised my mother was no longer paying attention and yelling at someone through the phone. I turned to Micheal. "She's treating it as if it's my wedding."

"You can't be a bride if you're wearing a red dress. Can you?" He answered back confused.

"I'm so not looking forward to this." I ran my hands through the knotted threads of my hair.

"Make up and hair go!" My mother shoved me into the dining room where three women were waiting with the curlers and brushes at hand ready to attack.

"I can do my own."

"Sit." She ordered darkly.

I sighed. "I'll put on my dress first."

She thought about it eyeing me suspiciously. "Go!" I scurried out of there. "And don't you dare lock yourself in your room!"

"I thought you were all about being fashionably late." I shouted down at her from the top of the stairs. Mr Cat scared her by rushing through her legs and right up into my room. I laughed at her scream of terror and she gracefully fixed herself up tugging down her knee length dress that was tight around her curves,

"First mutts then stray cats. Honestly Angie this isn't a petting zoo!" She's so stressed. I almost feel bad for the woman but I'm too self-absorbed at this precise moment.

I cackled and once I walked into my room Mr Cat pulled my gorgeous red dress from my wardrobe dragging it across the floor. "I don't know if I can do this. And my back is killing me."

He dropped the dress at my feet. He wanted me to go. I feel that there would be severe consequences if I refused his wish. Out of every man I have had to deal with Mr Cat-Javier scares me the most.

I sighed.

Then I stripped not caring that he was watching. Then I slipped into the dress where it bared my legs but trailed behind me. I giggled spinning around in it. I feel special but also nauseous. This won't be a good night. I an just sense the destruction already.