~3~

🎼 "And you must be the new student." Mr Riley said not looking impressed. Blaz stood there bored, looking around the room probably deciding on which wall to graffiti on, he looked at me then looked around the room again, but his gaze fell back onto me. Surprise was written all over his face, but that quickly turned into a sinister smirk. I wish I had my hood up right now because his black eyes are piercing right into me. He's still creepy that part has not changed but handsome creepy. "Excuse me but you are late for class." Here we go Mr Riley is going to send him to detention. I looked at Henry knowingly and he grinned back at me nudging my arm. Mr Riley doesn't take excuses it doesn't even matter if you're a new student so this should be good. "But since it's your first day I'll let you off with a warning." What? That's not like Mr Riley...

"Jeez, and I thought this morning was going to be fun," Henry whispered in my ear. I finally sat up straight and looked at Henry.

"And why on Earth would you think that?" It was a rhetorical question but he shrugged anyway.

"Take a seat Blaz." Mr Riley ordered and started passing out the quiz to everyone. I hoped Blaz would sit somewhere in the far back but he picked an empty bench next to ours. I just looked at my quiz and stuck to ignoring him.

Ten minutes through the test and I'm already done. Mainly because I studied for that test even though I had no clue when we were going to have it. I looked at Henry and saw him struggling and fiddling with his pencil. And with my eyes deceiving me I looked over at Blaz only to see him drawing some sort of monster bird on the quiz.

"Typical." I breathed but his head turned and his brown eyes stared at me. His mouth quirked into a smile but I glared at him for a second then looked back down on my quiz.

"Alright, times up! Everyone be prepared for next weeks real test because it's going to be very hard. Very hard." Mr Riley warned as he collected the quizzes and I heard Blaz snicker.

"I'm sure you're very hard Mr Riley," Blaz said and everyone started giggling. He's asking for trouble. I am not surprised since the first day I met him I knew he was a trouble maker and clearly still is. I still remember the snake tongue he stuck out at me. Obviously, that was just my imagination but it looked real, it could have been real I'm not too sure but if that dark angel William is real the forked tongue would be too. Unless I imagined the whole thing because Henry doesn't remember and it is not something you can possibly forget. I definitely haven't I'm convinced it happened and now Blaz is here...

"Henry, you remember that guy don't you?" I asked him almost pleadingly.

"Yeah, I remember him he tried to take your toy and destroyed our sandcastle." First of all, it was just a mountain and second is that all he can really remember?

"Do you remember anything else from that day? "

"I remember your mother's face when she saw what you did to your dress." He smiled and I smiled back but that's not the answer I want but I let it go. This isn't the best time to be going down memory lane. I sighed and gave Mr Riley my quiz then he walked to Blaz's bench and he took his quiz and looked over it. He looked over his glasses down at Blaz.

"Nice beast but on the real test be sure to just write the answers the questions don't need to be decorated." I can't believe Mr Riley is so relaxed today. I'm happy but at the same time worried.

We spent the rest of the lesson reading off our texts books and going through the questions then finally the bell rang for recess. And everyone rushed out of their seats while Henry and I took our time.

"I have P.E. now what do you have?" Henry asked me and I waited until Blaz finally left the room to speak. I don't know why but I feel as if anything I say he might hear.

"Music, but I have a quick choir rehearsal now," I said.

"I'll just hang with the guys then." The guys as in his mates in his softball team. I don't mind them but some of them like to get a little too close to me. Mainly just one... Ronny. He caught me without my hood on and instantly took an interest in me.

"See you at lunchtime?"

"Training.... you know it would be nice to see the look on the guys' faces when they finally see what you actually look like," Henry said hinting something.

"Sadly I have to go to choir," I said rushing to the door.

"Hey, when do I get to hear you sing?" He yelled out before I reached the door.

"Maybe someday... or maybe never," I yelled back then rushed to the music room. I walked straight in and everyone was already there and they all stared at me. Damn forgot to get my jumper and these shoes are starting to pinch my toes. I ignored the pain and the stares and took my place standing next to Lara she is sort of my friend. She has long brown hair but she now dyes her hair red and a few piercings on her left ear, also she has green eyes and fair skin. She likes to wear ripped jeans and T-shirts with skulls or warnings on them but she really is a nice girl. She's kind of like me, we both just don't like other people.

"You look good I don't think I've ever seen you in anything other than that hooded jumper." Lara complemented.

"Thanks. But these shoes are killing me." I responded and she laughed.

"This is why I never bother to fit in. If it means causing me serious pain physically and not to mention mentally everyone can just go fuck themselves." She whispered and I cracked up laughing and nudged her. We don't usually talk to each we just get that we're both alone and outcasts so we stick together. We just have a weird understanding. Mrs Somer came in whistling and everyone rushed to their spots and stood waiting for her command. She saw me and stopped whistling and stared at me for split second then shook off the shock and took her music sheets out of her bag. Mrs Somer is a chubby woman, with long blond hair that she ties into a messy bun, she likes to wear long dresses that go down to her ankles and on them, there were usually pictures of birds or flowers.

"Alright, so we're going to continue with what we did in the last lesson." She said handing out the lyrics on pale purple paper. "For this song, there's a solo. Meaning there's going to be an audition after school. If you're interested please do come." She said taking a glance at me.

Uh... no thank you.

We continued the songs from last week in awkward harmonies, before she let us off early. Lara and I decided to stay together and we walked to my locker so I could change my shoes and get my jumper on.

"You auditioning? " She asked.

"No way you?"

"Hell no! " She yelled then the bell finally rang for the second period. Ugh, I have maths then I have music. I groaned and took my maths books out, Lara and I agreed to meet each other at lunchtime. Finally, I am going to have a female friend that I can talk to. Anyway I started walking to my maths class and everyone is already walking to their seats but I see Blaz waiting at the door for someone. Ugh, I can't be bothered with maths or him. But I can't just skip class...

Screw maths I'm going to Romano's coffee shop. Blaz looked my way and he sort of lit up then held the door open for me. The bad boy is a gentleman. Unless he plans on slamming the door on my arse, which I don't doubt he will do. I shook my head and walked back the way I came back to my locker. I'll only skip maths I will come back for the rest of the day. I grabbed my wallet and slipped it in my jumper pocket lifted my hood up and started walking to one of the exits that lead to the school oval.

This seemed a little too easy as I wasn't feeling any guilt whatsoever. Did this make me a bad person? It wasn't like I always did this, it was my first time. I jogged across the oval checking to see if anyone was watching me, but the only person I saw was Blaz. He was too far away to read his expression.  I wondered why he wasn't in class?

I kept jogging and but I swear I could feel him smiling. I chose to ignore that feeling and walked down the street, heading for the nearest shopping strip to where my favourite coffee shop was. Was it bad that I didn't feel guilty? I would probably feel guilty later but for now, I'll let myself live.