~14~

~14~ 

🎼"How did you get home yesterday?" Henry questioned as I signed his cast.  

"I flew." I said not really wanting to explain to him that I was forced to spend my afternoon with Blaz. "You're my best friend you should know by now I have supernatural powers." I stated in an annoyed tone and he rolled his eyes. "How are you anyway?" I asked concerned and he searched for something in my eyes, I'm not sure what but I put on my best poker face.  

"I'll live but what about you?" He asked and I stared at him confused. 

"What about me?"  

"You blacked out again." He said and I groaned.  

"Dehydration and severe back pain." Was all I said and I silenced him with my hand before he could question me further. 

"I also saw a few pictures... Of you and Blaz." He said awkwardly and stared at his shoes. Do I sense jealousy? I couldn't help but smile.  

"He took me home and we worked on our assignment." I then made a whining noise. "Now he knows where I live!" I fake cried and Henry laughed wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pushed me down the school hallway.  

"Maybe I should move in with you. You know to protect you." He said sarcastically and I scoffed. 

"Yeah because a guy with a broken arm is so threatening. I'd have to be protecting you." I remarked staring at his blue eyes and he smirked at me. The smile is genuinely new to me, his blue eyes are sparkling and the grin kind of looks sneaky. But in a good way. I cleared my throat awkwardly and stared nervously at the door. Is that Ranger? Ranger casually strolled in hiding beneath his grey hood, backpack slung over one shoulder, light blue ripped jeans and of course the lip ring. Coming directly towards me. I feel awkward with him near. Last night I had this really realistic dream about him, it was really... Well we almost kissed then I woke up. But it felt too real... 

"Hello Angelica." Ranger said shining the room with his sparkly white teeth.  

"Hello?" I said playfully eyeing him suspiciously. "Why are you back?" 

"I go here now." He said so casually my mouth formed a 'o'. He looked next to me and I realised Henry is next me, his hand very close to mine. 

"Oh sorry. Ranger this is my best friend Henry, Henry this is Ranger." They nodded at each other since Henry's right arm is unusable. But even though he is disabled now he still managed to stand tall looking down at Ranger.  

"So uh how do you two know each other?" Henry asked and I hesitated looking at Ranger. He raised his eyebrows at me expectantly and I mentally huffed in annoyance. Looks like I'll have to think of something. 

"Um... Well..." I looked around the hallway for some ideas unfortunately got nothing. I'll just have to twist the truth. "I saw him yesterday talking to Erica. And she introduced us..." I should be worried, lately I've been able to lie so easily. "Right Ranger?"  

"Yeah I'll have to thank Erica later for introducing us." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.  

"Maybe it's best you just leave her alone." I said and he smirked. What is with these sneaky grins these guys have been giving me? I pulled my cap further down on my head then pulled my navy blue hood over my head.  

"Oh great now you're wearing caps and hoods at the same time what next?" Henry remarked and I scowled.  

"You should feel honoured Henry that you get to see my face." I said and Ranger chuckled while Henry rolled his eyes.