Chapter 23

Chapter twenty-three || 스물 세 장
_________________________________

23| Figuring it out🍥
_____________________

Taehyung and I sat on the bed talking for a long time. He apologized for jumping to conclusions and not staying to talk with me, and he also wanted reassurance that I was sure about having the baby. He didn't want me to make my decision based on what he so obviously wanted.

I assured him over and over that I wanted the same thing and he eventually accepted that as the truth it was.

"I shouldn't have told Jennie and Kook, not without talking to you first. I was just...uh... upset?" He said as more of a question, frowning like it was a foreign emotion for him.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door and Taehyung sighed as he got up and answered the door to an apologetic looking Jennie.

She came into the room sheepishly and sat down before me, launching into a long explanation for her behavior. I tried to protest and explain that I understood, but she wouldn't let me get a word in.

"y/n, really, I'm so sorry I was rude to you," Jennie said again sincerely, after she'd been apologizing for ten minutes.

"It's ok, it was all just a misunderstanding. We all said some things we didn't mean." I wasn't really mad at her, she had reacted to what she thought she knew, and said something without thinking, hadn't I done the same thing, and she was always going to protect Taehyung, and I knew that.

Taehyung, Jennie and I had all acted in shock. Assumptions had been made and we'd all said or done something that had hurt someone else, even though we hadn't meant to. It was just another part of being part of such a close family, sometimes mistakes were made and feelings got hurt, but that didn't mean there was no getting over it.

"No, I should never have spoken to you like that. It's just, V was so sure that you were going to ....," She waved her hand rather than saying the words. "...And he was so upset and then when he started crying, well...."

"Fuck Jennie, do have to keep bringing that up?" Taehyung moaned. It was at least the fifth time she'd mentioned it since she'd begun her apology.

"Seriously? That's going to keep coming up for years," she smirked at him.

"I'm gonna... go fucking shoot someone or drive my car fast," Taehyung said getting up.

"Need to find your balls?" Jennie laughed.

"Fuck off," he scowled at her, before kissing me on the cheek. "I love you Princess," he smiled.

"Go drive the bondmobile, just don't shoot anyone," I warned him and he laughed as he left the room.