Chapter 29

Chapter twenty-nine ||스물아홉 장
________________________________

29| Detective Eunwoo Must Die🔪__________________________________

__________________________________

Here to remind you to vote
and comment xo

__♟️__

By the time we arrived home I was in a complete panic; nothing Taehyung did or say made any difference. I had almost convinced myself that I would arrive home to Eunwoo and Detective Park waiting to arrest me; hundreds of news crews present and broadcasting the whole thing live.

Taehyung had the audacity to laugh at me when I rambled away about being on the evening news and my friends and mother finding out I was a murderer via the TV.

I rushed out of the car eager and anxious to see my boys. The whole family were gathered in the living room and I waved a brief "hi" at them before scooping TaeHyun into my arms. Taehyung grabbed TaeJung and told his family that we were going to spend some time with the boys before we did anything else.

I was grateful that we could put off reality for just a little while longer. I needed to see my children, I had missed them and I needed that time to reconnect as a family, before I faced whatever it was that life was about to throw at us.

TaeHyun and TaeJung were full of smiles for their father and me; they seemed to have grown in the ten short days we had been away. We played and laughed and reveled in them for a couple of hours, until it was time for them to be fed and we made our way back downstairs.

As it turned out my fears were unfounded; all the family knew at this stage was that Kai's body had been found and that police were treating his death as foul play.

While Taehyung went to talk business with Jimin, Jungkook and Mr. Kim in the basement, I filled Rose, JaeIn and Jennie in about the honeymoon giving them all the exciting details, well, the appropriate ones of course.

When the Kim men came back upstairs they explained that the best course of action was to wait for the police to make the first move. Until we knew what their next steps would be, it would be wisest to lay low and figure out an action plan.

I spent the next few days with my boys; catching up on lost time with them and enjoying married life and being a full time mom.

Several times over the next week I walked in on Taehyung having hushed conversations with the men in the family, but as soon as they noticed me they would change the subject.

Eventually I had just about enough, I knew Taehyung was trying to protect me, but I needed to know what was going on.

It was during dinner one evening that I finally broke my silence and confronted the family head on. Jungkook was busy telling everyone about the house he and Jennie had found in Seoul when I rudely interrupted him.