Chapter5

Chapter five || 다섯 장
_______________________

Chapter five || 다섯 장 _______________________

5| Family History 🀄
____________________

Hello! This one is a little short but the next ones are gonna be longer i promise x
Happy reading! 🎋

__♟️__

Jennie and I sat in silence for a few moments. She reached into the backseat and got the laptop Taehyung had been using, studying it for a while.

"Quite a day, huh?" she asked.

"You could say that." I agreed, it was a gross understatement. "Is this an everyday occurrence for them?"

"Not everyday." She laughed as her phone rang. "Jimin?...,yeah, I got them." She hung up.

"Jimin has trackers on all their mobiles, and surveillance cameras inside the warehouse so we can keep up with what's going on." She explained.

"So, you're all involved in this, the whole family?"

"Uh huh." she said absent-mindedly, she was busy concentrating on the screen. It finally dawned on me just what I had gotten caught up in.

"Like the mob?" I felt my breathing speed up, I felt dizzy, no wonder taehyung had been so upset that my father was the chief of Police.

He wasn't dealing a bit of pot in high school, we were talking organised crime, the mafia, guns, drugs, money laundering, illegal gambling.

It suddenly all made sense, that's why everyone had been so fearful of him at the club, he was part of the underworld, something I didn't think even existed in small towns like Busan.

I could hear her talking to me, but her words weren't registering. I couldn't get my breathing under control.

A sharp slap brought me crashing back to reality.

"Sorry, but you were hyperventilating." she said apologetically.

"Look V should really be the one to tell you all this, but you're here and you're involved whether you like it or not, and you're obviously not stupid."

I nodded, although I was feeling pretty stupid for not realising all this earlier.

"The Kims are a respected crime family, probably the most respected in South Korea.

Jeong gyu is the boss, that's V's father. He had 3 sons, Jin, Namjoon and V. Namjoon was killed years ago. Jin run things these days, then you have V and Jungkook, Jungkook is like a son to Jeong gyu, Jungkook's father was his bestfriend and the man took a bullet to save Jeong gyu, but Kook doesn't have what it takes to be boss, you've met him. you can see why, he's just the muscle. V, he has the brains, but he can also be cold and cruel and he's just as strong as Jungkook, he's also quicker. When Jeong gyu steps down, it will be V that takes over. He's perfect for the position, Jin trained him, it's like it's in his blood. He's a natural. He turns the right age soon and he'll be initiated into the family. But that's just a formality, he's already made a name for himself."