Epilogue

Epilogue || 발문
________________

I had just finished getting ready in the bedroom when I heard the unmistakable roar of Jungkook's hummer in the drive

I had just finished getting ready in the bedroom when I heard the unmistakable roar of Jungkook's hummer in the drive. We were having the whole family over for the day to celebrate the twins fifth birthday. It was also the first time we'd had everyone over since we moved into our new house in the outskirts of Seoul.

We had stayed at the house in Busan until Taehyung turned 30, then we followed Jungkook and Jennie to Seoul.

Jimin and Rose joined us the following year, and with all the family now based in Seoul, JaeIn and Mr. Kim moved as well. The boys had gone into owning and managing clubs and the three of them worked hard at their official jobs and their unofficial family business. Between their clubs, Jin's casino's and Yoongi's hotels there wasn't much of Seoul's nightlife that the Kims didn't run.

When we first moved to the city, we'd had a large apartment in the heart of Seoul, but when the twins got bigger, Taehyung bought some land further from the city and had a house built for us. I managed to talk him down from building an actual castle, luckily telling him that our twin boys wouldn't really think much of it persuaded him to go for a more traditional design, and it had finally been finished last month, JaeIn had decorated it beautifully and we moved in two weeks ago.

I was still getting used to it since it was much larger than our apartment. There was a lot of land and there was a separate house on the grounds for the security men Taehyung hired to watch out for us. Jimin had installed a state of the art alarm systems throughout the property and Taehyung assured me that no one could get inside the gates unless we let them, but Embry was still an almost constant presence when Taehyung wasn't home.

The boys were struggling to adjust; they had separate bedrooms now and so far TaeHyun had spent every night in our bed sleeping between Taehyung and me. They were due to start school soon and I was planning to spend the summer settling them into the house and getting them ready for kindergarten.

I tied my hair up and made my way downstairs to see everybody. I liked that Taehyung and I had our own space, but I loved it when all the Kims were back together in one place.

Despite them all being parents now, the Kims behaviour hadn't changed at all. Luckily none of the children ever repeated the cursing they heard from their parents or uncles and aunts and they seemed to be quite unaffected by talk of guns and violence.

I could hear one of my sons wailing in the kitchen and I headed that way. Both my boys were on the gentle side, a fact that Jungkook found highly amusing. He teased Taehyung relentlessly and although Taehyung argued back, he didn't really care...he loved his 'little dudes' the same way he loved me, completely and whole heartedly, exactly as they were.