Chapter 6

Chapter six || 육
____________________

6| Meet The Parents 🎎________________________

________________________

Vote please! <3

__♟️__

Taehyung managed to get me home ten minutes before my dad came in.

He walked me to the door and was adorably nervous when he asked if he could pick me up from school the following day.

As soon as I told him yes, he gave me a searing kiss that left me breathless on the doorstep as I watched him drive away.

I ran upstairs, and by the time my dad opened my bedroom door to check on me, I was lying in bed pretending to be asleep.

I didn't fall to sleep for a long while, my mind whirled with the events of the night.

For years I had lived, going through the motions, never really feeling much, I was dull, lifeless, a little disconnected, sure, I enjoyed things, or got upset, but nothing had prepared me for the range and depth of the emotions I had experienced tonight.

Happy, confused, terrified, exhilarated, powerful, concerned, overwhelmed, I'd felt it all, and although I was nervous about going to dinner, if I was honest, I was looking forward to what tomorrow with the Kim's would bring.

I had agreed to go to dinner with Taehyung's family, he was obviously not impressed that he had been railroaded into inviting me and I worried that he was only asking me because his family was forcing his hand, but he assured me that he'd like me to come, he just didn't want me to think that it was all too much too soon, he was worried that it might 'scare me off'.

I laughed in his face, when he explained this to me, after the night we'd just had, it was comical that he thought dinner with his family would be what pushed me over the edge.

__💮__

I woke to my alarm in the morning, I hadn't had nearly enough sleep after my late night, and I dragged myself wearily to the shower, this bought me to my newest dilemma, what did one wear to dinner with..., whatever Taehyung was to me..., parents.

I had already met his dad but the circumstances weren't exactly optimal for making an impression.

I finally dressed in my normal school get-up, jeans and a hoodie and went downstairs. I munched on a bowl of cereal, as I made sandwiches for lunch.

"Morning y/n." My dad said gruffly from behind me.

"Hey dad. I made you lunch." I smiled handing it over to him.

"Thanks, you're a good girl y/n. You have fun last night?"

"Yeah."

"What time did you get in?"