Chapter 12

Chapter twelve || 열둘 장
_________________________

12| One Way Ticket🎫______________________

12| One Way Ticket🎫
______________________

I could say something cliché, like the minute I spent in the elevator was the longest minute of my life, or, time seemed to stand still as I watched the lights of the floor numbers glow and fade until the ping told me I'd arrived at the top floor, but the truth was, it passed really freaking quickly in a blur of utter panic and terror.

As the doors opened, I half expected something to happen, but the hallway was empty and as soon as I gathered my wits about me, I rushed to our room. It took three attempts for me to swipe the card correctly but as soon as I heard the door click open I entered the room slamming the door shut behind me.

I made my way shakily through the suite, turning as many lights on as I could, as I cautiously checked each room. The place was empty and if what Taehyung said was true, only two people could get in here, so I felt relatively safe.

I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Was I just supposed to wait until he did or did not come back?

I stood for a while thinking, I paced, I sat down and then stood back up, I couldn't do nothing. I put the TV on, channel surfed, and turned it back off, I put some coffee on, and pottered in the kitchen. A couple of times I thought I heard movement in the hallway but when I stopped and listened it was clear it was just my over active imagination.

I was desperately hoping to hear the ping of the lift.

Taehyung said he would come to me and I just had to trust that he would do that.

I didn't know what I'd do if something happened to him. It was agony not knowing what was going on. What if he was in trouble, hurt or shot and I was up here doing nothing.

I felt so useless. It wasn't like I could go down and help him and I knew Taehyung would go mad if I didn't follow his instructions, but it didn't stop me from wanting to.

Finally after what felt like hours I heard the elevator doors open on our floor.

"Y/n!" Jennie called through the door. "Yoongi gave me the key. I'm coming in." The door clicked open. I walked into the living room and met a stressed looking Jennie, JaeIn and Mr. Kim.

JaeIn walked straight to me and pulled me into a motherly hug, falling to the sofa with me still in her arms. I let myself be comforted by her. Mr. Kim sat beside us and Jennie got everyone some coffee.