KuroYachi - Late-Night Travels

1/1 - please respect the ship, I know not everyone likes this one but if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing
{Requested by @TheBookMuse }
Warnings: fluff, character are 18+

The radio buzzed quietly with the presenters energetic voice as the sounds of wind made their way through the car window. It was 11pm and the roads were basically clear.

It was late, and Tetsurou had yet to regret his decision to drive his girlfriend back from her college for the summer. It was a 4 hour drive from there to wear he lived, but it was worth it. He even got a few extra hours of sleep in last night to make sure he was awake enough to drive.

Yachi herself was snuggled up in one of his huge hoodies, one that was big on him, so you can imagine how large it was on her.

Long-abandoned car games and blankets lay in the backseat, pushed into a pile up against a duffel bag.

"Angel, you know you can sleep a little right? It's a long drive and you could use some rest," Kuroo's deep, tired voice said, smiling at Yachi. She kept nodding off before snapping awake again.

She shook her head, partly to say no, partly to wake herself up.
"I want to stay awake with you.. I've missed you so, so much,"

Tetsurou felt his cheeks heat up a little, smiling. How could she be so adorable..? He never got used to it, he was so lucky to have her.

"I missed you too, angel," he murmured, reaching for her hand. He brought it to his lips, kissing her ring finger gently. He would've held her hand in his the whole time if he didn't need it occasionally.

A breeze floated through the windows now and again, a cold breath of air in the warm car kept her awake.

Hitoka smiled, resting her head against the back of the seat.
"Maybe we should put on some different music.."

She connected her phone to the car, scrolling through her playlists until she reached 'Tetsu♥️'. When she clicked on to it, she already knew what would keep them up.

'Classic' by MKTO started playing through the radio. Her boyfriend had always loved English music, and she had even booked surprise tickets to see Alec Benjamin in 2 months. He was his all-time favourite artist.

But that was definitely not the only reason she chose that specific song.

"Oh, I remember this~!" Kuroo laughed, trying to focus on the road. He turned left at the next intersection before continuing.
"That was a crazy night,"

Cheesy as it may seem, when Yachi was a third year and he was in college, they decided to do group karaoke with Bokuto, Akaashi, Hinata and Kageyama. It was.. an interesting night.

"Whenever I hear 'Poker Face', the image of you and Kou-San falling off the stage always manages to make me laugh," the young woman giggled at the fond memory of her boyfriend and his best friend.
"You still managed to sing this to me though,"

"Every word, angel," Tetsurou chuckled, humming to the tune.
"Y'know, I think that was the first time I realised I loved you,"

He reminisced on the night, remembering how her eyes lit up when she realised he was singing about her. All of life's worries seeped away, and he was left with the reoccurring sense of love and pride. Butterflies swarmed to his stomach again just thinking about it.
"Yeah, it was definitely then,"

Hitoka felt her face heat up again, her lips forming a small smile.
"I knew I loved you a long time before that.."

Kuroo smiled, putting his free hand on her thigh.
"You're too sweet,"

"I'm serious, you know," she laid her head back, glancing up at the stars.
"Back when I was just a second year, and you came to visit with our old third years. I felt weird around you before that too, but I thought it was just a puppy crush..."

Yachi pulled on the loose strings of the hoodie. Kuroo patted her thigh slightly to get her attention.
"You're adorable, you know that?"

Whenever it came to small compliments, Hitoka was often left speechless. She never knew how to reply to them without sounding modest or pretentious. But when it's Tetsurou.. it was a different story.

"Oh, I know. I just love it when you remind me," she teased, grinning.
"You're cute yourself,"

"I know, angel face, trust me,"

The couple laughed at each other. It was a little easier to stay awake now, with the chatty but relaxing environment.

~

As Yachi dragged her last few bags into the sitting area of Kuroo's apartment, she huffed out tiredly. Her boyfriend had done the real heavy lifting but they were both tired.

It was dark, the light from the streetlights outside fluttering through the blinds as she tried to sort out her things without falling asleep.

She was surprised to feel arms pick her up for a moment, but relaxed.
"Honey, I love you but put me down.." she murmured into Tetsurou's neck, snuggling into his arms.

"Doesn't seem like you really want me to put you down, angel," he chuckled fondly at the girl in his arms, pressing a kiss to her temple.
"Let's go to bed,"

Hitoka made no complaints, instead just cuddling him more and leaning into his touch as much as possible.

They both fell on to the bed, back first when they reached the bedroom, rolling around and trying to find a comfortable position.

They ended up on top of the covers, the hot summer weather getting the best of them, and cradling each other.

Yachi brushed her hand against her lover's arm, kissing his nose.
"When I'm out of college, I'm going to marry you," she whispered.

Kuroo chuckled, pulling her waist closer and giving her little Eskimo kisses.
"Is that a tired thinking-out-loud moment or a proposal that I'll cry about tomorrow?"

"I don't know, depends on what you say, doesn't it?" She shined him the rare cheeky grin that could win over anyone. This could be the biggest leap in her life but she felt no anxiousness. Her mind was at peace.

Why? Because she knew the answer he would give her, no matter what.

Tetsurou fake-pondered with his hand pressed against his chin in acting thought.
"Buy me a ring first, angel,"

There it was. There was her Tetsurou Kuroo — a loveable, sarcastic little shit.

"You've got it, Honey,"