Seijoh (Iwa-Centric) - Peace Or War

1/1 - 100th ONESHOT IN THIS BOOK!!
the Iwa protection squad are pulling up rn and I call the front seat, Oikawa, Makki and Mattsun are fighting over who's driving, who else is on the bus?
{Idea by @RiversRandomsYT }
Warnings: toxic relationships, angst to fluff, MattsuHanaIwaOi endgame

Iwaizumi... hadn't been acting himself lately. Maybe it was the way he would leave practise early, claiming he had stuff to do. Maybe it was the sudden movements behind him that made him flinch. Or maybe even the fact that he doesn't even make fun of Oikawa that much anymore.

No one could figure out what was wrong with him for the longest time, and it took Oikawa himself at least three months before he shot up in his bed at 5am on a Friday, with one thought in his mind.

Hajime's boyfriend.

They had been together for 7 months, and it was about 5 months ago that the differences started. Or, at least got more apparent.

Tooru felt an ache go through his head as he recalled bruises on Iwa's arms, and the desperate... seemingly scared way he'd promised him it was from receiving practises.

He couldn't... he wasn't getting hurt, he's too strong for that, right..?

There was no way he was gonna go through the day keeping this to himself, so he picked up the phone and went right to the people he knew could help.

~

"That... explains a lot.." Makki choked out in a quiet voice. Oikawa nodded, quietly fiddling with his fingers.

He and the volleyball team were at the cafe they would normally meet up at on a Friday an hour after practise, they had just agreed to get there earlier this time.

Iwaizumi would be arriving in 20 minutes, tops, so they only had so long to figure out how to confront him about this.

The first years were very obviously nervous, even Kunimi sporting an abnormal worried expression.

Kyoutani was dead silent, digging his nail into the table. Watari and Yahaba shared looks of constant panic and worry.

But the third years.. they were worse..

Oikawa, Mattsun and Makki looked like an active minefield, ready to explode any minute. Somehow they looked both ready to kill someone, mortified in their own right, and close to tears all at the same time. It was terrifying.

They kept talking, trying to figure out a subtle way to bring it up, or at least a way to let him know that they knew and were ready to help if needed.

10 minutes passed.. then 20... then half an hour.

Tooru knew that Iwaizumi was never this late. Everyone started to get tense.

"Where is he.. now I feel like we should panic.." Matsukawa whispered under his breath, his words getting caught in his throat.

"God, what were those kids arguing about out there?" A voice caught Hanamaki's attention.

Two men had just entered the cafe, talking.

"You alright, Rikato?" A waitress who seemed to know them asked. The third year elbowed his Captain, nudging his head in their direction.

"These two boys were arguing outside. Well, one of them was arguing, the other was just telling him to stop and let him leave. I dunno, it seemed weird so we didn't intervene," Oikawa got to his feet, walking over to the two.

"Uhm.. excuse me?"

"Hm?"

"What did those two boys look like? The ones that were arguing. Sorry for eavesdropping, but I-.." he looked back to the table, where Issei was telling the first and second years to wait there. The two other third years were deadly serious, and this wasn't a usual occurrence.
"We think that might be our friend arguing with his boyfriend,"