TsukiKage - Fears

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone looking out for my mental health and making sure that I'm okay! It means a lot to me that you guys value me not only as a writer but as a person too.

1/1 - at this point, I'm on a writing high and I'm just gonna keep throwing out chapters until the Christmas special is posted!
{Requested by @LazyChibi-chan }
Warnings: nightmares, self-conscious Tsukki, thunderstorms, crying, fluffy aftermaths

Murmurs surrounded him as Tsukishima walked on and on, following the plain street that seemed to last for eternity. They were just little hushed voices at first, talking about generally anything.

The weather... girls, guys, whoever anyone liked... or was just chatter. The middle blocker went to grab his headphones from his shoulders and lift them up, only to hear one whisper that stood out.

"Woah... he's kinda weird..." Kei turned his head to glance at whoever had said it, but not one was there. Then.. the voices became louder and harsher.

"Look at him... he's a freak,"

"Damn... ain't he the dude who missed
the final point in that one match against
——,"

"What a complete, and total weirdo,"

The blond did his best to ignore it all, walking faster. Why could he get to where he was meant to be going-?! Where... where was he going...?

The voices began to get more defined, meaner... and worse...

More familiar.

His family, as well as the team, had chipped in. Akiteru, Daichi and his mother were voicing their disappointment very clearly, telling him to work harder.

Tadashi was whispering about how much of a horrible person he was, as the rest of the team taunted him loudly.

But he kept his eyes on the pavement, still trying to ignore it all. Until a certain voice caught him off guard... oh no...

"Why do I love you again...?" He was used to this speech, he knew it by heart. But Tsukishima still couldn't accept it every time he heard it.
"You're so useless,"

He stopped walking, but still refused to look up. He couldn't face those cold, blue eyes.

'It's not real. It's not real' Kei through to himself silently, clenching his eyes closed.

"I mean... You know I could do so much better~... Kuroo-san, your mentor, would be so much better for an upgrade~!"

Tsukki's eyes flew open and widened. This wasn't his usual speech.. was this different..?

Was this... was this real?

He felt his eyes begin to water as Kageyama went on, listing all the possible lovers he could have instead.

"Or maybe.. Tadashi?"

"Yes, Tobio?" Kei couldn't stand it anymore he flung his head up to be greeted with his best friend and boyfriend entangled in an intimate hugging position, Tobio's leg hitched up and wrapped around Yamaguchi's hips.