IwaOi - I Love You So Much It Hurts

1/1 - angst with fluffy endings is everyone's favourite, let's be honest. Especially with IwaOi. So let's all suffer together :)
{Not Requested}
Warnings: angst, crying, implied bad home life, mentions verbal and physical abuse

Oikawa tapped his pen against the sheet of paper on his desk. He could normally fly through maths like it was nothing, and still have time to watch a volleyball match too.

But he was just so pissed he couldn't focus.

To be more specific, he was angry with his best friend. The ace had been pushing him away ever since the start of their third year, and it had gotten worse lately.

Of course, he guaranteed the taller it was nothing and he was always 'just tired'. But he knew it was a hopeless lie.

At this point, he gave up on his maths paper, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

'What the fuck is up with him...'  Tooru reaches over to his phone on the nightstand, picking it up and began to call his number.

The red hearts next to it were his way of hiding his crush, implying the red hearts were what he put for his closest friends. But those made him even more angry right now.

How could someone he loved so much push him away like that-?!

The phone buzzed twice before the other picked up.

"Shittykawa, what do you want?" Oikawa didn't notice the shaky voice or tired tone, instead clenching the phone in his hand.

"Oh okay, so the word 'hello' doesn't exist anymore, and apparently neither does my name-?! Fine. What the hell's been going on with you-?!" Iwaizumi made a small sound of surprise as his best friend snapped.

"I- what..?" He stammered, rubbing his arm. The boy had never gotten properly mad at him, and he didn't get why it was starting now.
"What are you talking about.."

"Oh, I don't know, the fact you've been pushing me away! I'm your best friend yet you always talk to me like you don't care about that," Iwa widened his eyes on the other side of the phone.

"...I've been doing that..?" Oikawa's head cooled a little at the general confusion and loss in his friend's voice.

"Of course you have. Iwa-Chan, you always call me names and pick on me, which I don't mind that much because I know you care... but then you started to drift away—,"

A loud thud on the other side of the phone interrupted him.

"Who the fuck are you talking to so importantly!? Can you stop being loud for one minute," that was Hajime's fathers voice...

A voice the brunet hadn't heard in years.

"Sorry dad. I'll stop now-," there was a quick, sharp noise and the sound of a door slamming followed.

"I-I'm sorry Oikawa, I've got to go..."

"What did he just do," It wasn't a question, but a demand from the taller boy. His voice sounded incredibly pissed. He clutched the pen in his hand so hard that it broke. Like fuck he was letting this happen.
"What did your dad just do to you, Hajime?"

"It was my fault, I was just being too loud," he didn't want to get into more trouble, so Iwaizumi tried to lie his way out of the situation.

"Bullshit. I'm coming over. Right now," that's why he had been acting so weird lately. To be fair, thinking back on it, he hadn't been over to see the Iwaizumi's for at least 4 months..

"Are you sure that's a good idea...? C-can't I go over to yours tomorrow or—,"

"That's fine. Either or, I'm coming to pick you up," he hung up before Iwaizumi could refuse.