Chapter 28 - Revelation

Troy's POV

She bit her lower lip nervously and ruffled her hair. Then she cleared her throat and replied. "I found out about my pregnancy after I had gone back to Rome. I searched you on social media, but as you guessed I didn't find Hector. Your phone number which I knew wasn't available either. My mother tried to find you; she hired a private detective, but we couldn't find you as you can guess." She paused, sighing. "And later when we met again, of course, I couldn't tell my sister's fiancé that he has a son with his sister-in-law. I didn't want to ruin Kate's happiness." She added sadly.

"I want to see my son." I informed firmly.

"Troy..."

"I want to see my son. Is he inside?" I asked in an authoritative tone.

"Troy!" Suddenly, I heard my son's voice. He threw his ball away as he saw me and rushed towards me happily.

I bent down and hugged him tightly in my arms. I placed several kisses on his cheeks and hair and breathed in his scent as my eyes welled up. I felt emotional.

"Why are you crying? Why are you sad?" Alec asked, confused as he pulled back.

"I am not. It is because I heard some happy news." I replied and gave him a warm smile as I held his little hand between my hands.

"Then don't cry."

I smiled, nodding, and wiped the tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand.

"I need to tell you something, buddy." I informed while holding his hands gently and looked at Rose. She shook her head, giving me a begging look.

"I am..."

"Troy?" Kate called me, surprised as she walked towards me.

Rose looked at me in panic and shook her head, giving me a warning look.

I straightened as Kate approached me and greeted me.

"Come on, let's go inside. It is good you are here. I was going to call you. I have to go Canada tomorrow for a meeting." Kate informed me as she held my hand.

I nodded and looked at Rose. She averted her gaze.

I was staring into the space while Kate was telling her mother and me about her sudden trip. Rose took Alec to his room to change his clothes. I excused myself and went to the bathroom, leaving Camila and Kate talking in the living room.

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes and leaned my hands on the sink counter, thinking.

I had to handle the situation quickly. But how? Before I had to tell Alec that he was my son. Then I should talk to Kate alone and broke up with her. Later, Rose and I should talk to our families. Steven would freak out. It would be better if we confessed to my parents before telling her family.

After washing my face, I left the bathroom. I was surprised when I saw Rose leaning against the wall, her arms crossed over her chest.

"We need to talk." She said firmly as she approached me.

I sighed, placing my hand into my pocket, and informed. "If you want me not to tell Alec that I am his father, don't tire yourself. He is my son. He has to know the truth. And I want to spend time with my son as his father, not as his friend."

"Troy... Don't tell him anything yet, please. Let me talk to a child psychologist before and ask some advice that how we can tell Alec about it." Rose resumed, giving me a begging look.