Chapter 34 - Feeling home

Troy's POV

"Wait a minute!" He exclaimed as he pulled back slightly, narrowing his eyes. "So you let that bastard keep in touch with your sister behind my back?! How could you do it?! I warned you." My father added angrily and swore at Romeo under his breath.

"Dad, I let him use my phone. They didn't get each other's numbers. I swear. They love each other. I am sorry, but I did what I thought was right." I stated confidently and gave my father an apologetic look.

He breathed deeply and nodded. I gave him a warm smile.

***

I was staring at Rose while sipping my whiskey at a charity gala. She looked stunning in her blue long chiffon dress. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I was enchanted by her beauty.

I placed my glass down on the table and started following Rose without drawing attention when she walked towards the terrace.

"Hey, Troy. Come here!" Romeo called me behind me.

"In a few minutes." I replied hurriedly as I turned around, facing Romeo and Nathan, and without letting him say anything, I left.

"Leave me alone!" I heard Rose's voice as I approached the door.

I strode towards the door as I heard a man's voice; they were arguing.

"Let go of me, Adam!" Rose snapped, trying to pull her arm away while the man was grabbing her wrist tightly.

"Let go of her!" I demanded between gritted teeth as I grabbed his wrist tightly.

"Who are you?! Don't intervene." He snarled.

"Let go of her now, or I will break your bones." I ordered in an authoritative tone as I tightened my grip around his wrist. He groaned in pain and released Rose's wrist.

Rose stepped back while rubbing her wrist. I pushed his arm back roughly as I gave him a murderous look. Then I turned my gaze from him to Rose and asked, concerned, resting my hands on her upper arms. "Are you okay?"

"Yes..." She mumbled, rubbing her wrist.

"Well. Well. Well. The gorgeous Troy Anderson is worried for his sister-in-law. How touching!" The bastard commented mockingly.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance and breathed deeply, trying to calm down. Rose shook her head, giving me a begging look that I didn't do anything to this prick.

"How can someone think that a cold-blooded man like you is able to be concerned for his sister-in-law? Isn't it strange? Huh?"

Without waiting for a second, I turned towards him and punched him. He groaned as he fell down and touched his bleeding nose in pain.

"Stay away from Rose! If you dare to touch her again, no one can save you from my hands!" I warned him in an authoritative tone, shaking my finger at him, and held Rose's hand, pulling her with me, leaving the bastard lying on the floor.

I was sipping my whiskey while trying to concentrate on what Romeo was telling, but my mind was on Rose. She was talking to an unfamiliar man with black hair. He probably was on his early thirties. They looked so close.

"Troy! Are you listening to me?" Romeo asked in annoyance.

"Umm... Yes." I cleared my throat as I nodded.

"Hmm... He isn't bad. Who is he?" He asked, smirking as he pointed to the black-haired man beside Rose.

"I don't know." I replied dryly and sipped my whiskey.