Chapter 49 - The shadow

Troy's POV

"Sir!" I heard Daniel's voice behind me, but I ignored him and punched the bastard again.

"Stay away from Rose! If I see you near her, I will kill you." I warned him. "Stay away from my loved ones!"

"Sir, please. Calm down." Daniel said, trying to pull me away. "There could be paparazzi here, or someone could call the police." He added firmly.

"Daniel..."

When I turned my gaze from the bastard to Daniel, Adam caught me off guard and punched me.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed in irritation as he managed to escape from my grip.

When I wanted to run after him, Daniel stopped me, grabbing my arm.

"Mr. Anderson, please. Let me handle the situation." He said quietly after ordering the bodyguards to follow the bastard.

I cursed under my breath, running ran my hand through my hair angrily, and kicked the wall.

"Sir, please. We have to leave." He stated, looking around. I nodded, sighing, and walked towards my car.

Rose's POV

I was staring at my engagement ring without stopping myself from smiling in my office. As much as I tried to work, my eyes always landed on my diamond ring.

Troy proposed to me in London three weeks ago. Actually when he told me he planned a trip for us, I thought he wanted to stay away from New York for a while and spend time with me alone. On the other hand, the securities hadn't still found Adam; so he was worried about my safety. However, there was something else in his mind. The second day of our trip, we went for a stroll near the Thames; but when we arrived there, a Sunseeker speedboat was waiting for us.

When we were on the Sunseeker, he confessed that he saw me for the first time near the Thames, not at the nightclub. He told me that he was mesmerized by me and couldn't get me out of his mind. Troy admitted that he was so upset that I had disappeared before he could approach me, and when he bumped into me at the nightclub again, he was so happy to see me, but he hadn't courage to approach me. However, with Romeo's involvement, we got to know each other.

After his confession, he got on his one knee and pulled a red velvet box out of his pocket, catching me off guard. It was one of the best moments in my life. I felt so happy. I accepted his proposal with teary eyes as I felt so emotional while happiness filled my heart.

I pursed my lips together, trying to hold my sheepish smile, and looked at my wristwatch. Troy and Alec must be here in a few minutes. We were going to have a picnic in the park.

I closed the file in front of me and stood up to get a cup of coffee before they arrived. Suddenly, my head spun. I rested my hand on the desk for support and sat down on my chair. I was exhaling and inhaling slowly. I took a sip from my water as I felt slightly better. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door; the door opened after I had given permission.

"Mommy!" Alec exclaimed happily as he rushed towards me.

I gave him a wide smile after greeting them and stood up carefully. Fortunately, my dizziness passed. I bent down and hugged my son, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. Then I hugged Troy and planted a chaste kiss on his lips.

"Are you okay? You look pale." He asked, worried as I pulled back.

"Yes, I am. Just a little tired." I didn't want to worry him; he had already a lot of things in his mind.

"You shouldn't tire yourself so much." He gave me an affectionate look. "If you finished, let's go." He suggested and kissed my forehead, stroking my cheek tenderly. I nodded and grabbed my bag. Then we left my office.