Chapter 44 - The family

Rose's POV

When we arrived at his parents', they greeted us warmly. Troy's grandparents and his other close relatives were here too.

I felt relieved now; I was afraid of their reactions, but fortunately, they accepted Alec and me into their family happily. And probably, Troy's parents had informed the others who didn't know about our situation before our arrival because their attention was instantly focused on Alec as soon as we walked in, and Aspen hugged him calling Alec his grandson. And of course, Alec greeted him back, excited and called him grandpa. My son really liked his grandfather; he had been talking about him since we left the penthouse.

After having dinner together, Serena told me she wanted to talk to me privately and led us towards the garden.

I pursed my lips nervously while waiting for her to start the conversation. There were a lot of thoughts running in my mind about what she could tell me: she didn't want her son to be with me or accuse me of seducing his son and separating him with his fiancée.

I breathed deeply, trying to calm down, and looked at my son through the sliding doors. Meanwhile, he was talking to his father and grandfather and laughed happily.

I ruffled my hair as I turned my gaze from Alec to Serena and gave her a nervous smile as I caught her watching me.

"I guess you know what I want to talk about." She said, giving me a warm smile. I nodded, biting my lower lip nervously. "I had some suspicions that something was going on between you two. How you looked at each other when one of you looked away. When you were around Troy, it felt like I got my old Troy back. He looked happy like in the past...before London." She gave me a knowing look. I nibbled my lower lip without saying anything. She smiled, looking at me and added. "Troy told me about what happened between you. I am glad you found each other again. My son loves you so much, and he suffered a lot without you." She rested her hand on my arm and stroked it slightly.

"I didn't want to hurt him. I love him too, but when I saw the messages..." I confessed sadly and shook my head, sighing. "I understand I had to talk to him about it, but that time I couldn't think properly; it felt like my world collapsed after seeing those messages." I added as sadness crossed my features.

She gave me a sympathetic look. "It is in the past, dear. Now just focus on the future. And trust Troy. He would never hurt you." She said honestly.

I nodded, giving her a warm smile. Now I was sure that Troy really loved me, and he wouldn't betray me or hurt my feelings intentionally.

"I didn't tell you about it because he is my son. It is his character. He is always thoughtful, caring and compassionate. Believe me, if you dated Liam, I surely couldn't say the same thing." She chuckled, shaking her head.

I grinned at her comment; yes, I knew Liam's reputation. As well as half of the world.

"Come on! Let's go inside! And welcome to the family again." She gave me a friendly smile.

"Thank you so much." I nodded, smiling.

After spending some time in the mansion, Romeo asked us to go to the nightclub to celebrate our reunion.

"What do you think?" Troy asked, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"It is fine for me, but Alec?"

"He has already had plans with the old man for tomorrow morning; so he could stay here with his grandparents and cousin." Romeo said, looking at us hopefully.

"I don't want to give them trouble. Taking care of two children... I don't know." I commented uneasily.

I couldn't ask them to take care of my son on the same day we officially introduced him as their grandson. It could be impolite.