Chapter 19 - Finding the lost

Troy's POV

"Oh, Troy. You are here!" Kate exclaimed happily, interrupting my thoughts as she approached me, smiling, and linked our arms while I was staring at her, dazed. Rose looked at us in confusion. Kate looked at Rose and said. "Let me introduce you to my fiancé, Troy. And this is my sister, Rosalie."

Rose's eyes widened in shock while she was staring at me, her mouth agape. She opened and closed her mouth without saying anything. She cleared her throat and ruffled her hair with her shaking hand.

"Rose,... just Rose." She corrected, her voice barely audible and took a step backward, dismayed. "I..." Without managing to finish her sentence, she fainted.

"Rose!" I shouted in panic and rushed towards her. I quickly scooped her up in my arms without letting her fall down.

"Mommy!" Alec exclaimed, frightened as he looked at his mother.

"Let's take her inside." Kate suggested as she approached us, worried and held Alec back. I nodded and carried Rose, who was still unconscious in my arms, while Alec and Kate followed me.

"What hap..." Camila didn't finish her sentence as she saw Rose's state.

I carried her to the living room and placed Rose on the couch carefully. I sat down beside her on the couch and held her hand, looking at her, worried.

"Rose. Rose." I called her, stroking her hair gently without releasing her hand.

"Mommy. Mommy, open your eyes." Alec pleaded, sobbing as he approached Rose and grabbed her arm.

"Calm down, Alec. She will be fine. Don't worry." I assured him, looking at him tenderly.

Camila ordered a maid to bring a wet cloth and approached Rose, concerned.

A few minutes later, the maid came back with a wet towel and a bowl of water.

"Troy, could you take Alec upstairs?" Camila asked me as she grabbed the wet cloth.

"No, I will not leave. I will stay here." Alec refused, shaking his head while sobbing.

I stood up, letting Camila take care of Rose, and picked up Alec in my arms.

"Fine. We will stay here, but stop crying. She will wake up soon." I reassured him softly and wiped his tears off his cheeks.

"Mom..." Rose murmured as she slowly opened her eyes. I breathed in relief and closed my eyes.

"Mommy!" Alec exclaimed happily and struggled in my arms, trying to go towards Rose.

I set him on his feet carefully and ruffled my hair, looking at Rose, relieved. I was so worried about her. It felt like my heart stopped beating as I saw her lying in my arms unconscious, her face white as a sheet.

Alec rushed towards his mother and hugged her tightly. I couldn't hold myself and smiled, looking at them. Rose wrapped her arm around Alec weakly and rubbed her temple.

"I am fine, my boy." She reassured Alec as she sat up on the couch with Camila's help while staring at me.

"Are you better, dear?" Her mother asked worriedly, holding her hand.

"Yes, I am fine. Probably, my blood pressure got low." She mumbled as she took her eyes off me and stood up. I reflectively approached her and tried to help her to stand.

"I am fine. No need." She said dryly as she pulled her arms away quickly. She cleared her throat while Camila and Kate were looking at her, confused by her attitude and added. "Don't worry. I can walk on my own. I just need to rest a little."