Chapter 7 - The first date

Five years ago

Troy's POV

After Rose had left, I grabbed my phone and called my father. I decided to stay here for a while and spend time with Rose. There was something in her I couldn't understand which drew me towards her. I wanted to know her better.

"Why? Is there any problem? Did he get both of you in trouble?" My father asked, concerned as I told him about my decision.

"No, Dad; everything is perfect. And Romeo didn't get us in trouble." I replied, smiling. It seemed Romeo was still on my father's blacklist.

"I doubt that, but if you say everything is fine, then I trust you." He stated firmly.

"Thank you, Dad."

"Did he try to get Sienna's number?" He asked.

"No, Dad. Don't worry." I replied and ran my hand through my hair nervously.

He didn't try to get it. He just texted her. That's all.

I am sorry, Dad.

I felt guilty for lying to my father, but I thought it was the best decision. It was just a few innocent messages, nothing more. However, I didn't lie to my father; I didn't just tell him everything. It was different.

"Be careful with him. He is a sneaky bastard." He warned me, emphasizing the words sneaky bastard.

I chuckled in amusement.

Yes, Dad, he is.

"Don't worry. I will be careful. See you."

"Take care of yourself. See you."

As soon as I hung up, my phone buzzed. It was a message from Romeo.

'How was your hurricane? Rough? I hope you didn't shatter the suite too much. Don't need to thank me. It was my gift for your favor. We are even now. Have a good flight, bro.'

I shook my head, rolling my eyes, and placed my phone on the table without replying; if I told him that I decided to stay in London for a while for Rose, he would tease me non-stop. So it would be better if he thought I was going back to New York. Then I went running.

After coming back, I took a shower and put on black jeans and a navy blue shirt. Then I sent a message to Rose.

'How about dinner this evening?'

'With pleasure.'

I beamed as I read her message.

'Great! Then I will pick you up at 7 p.m. Could you give me your address?'

'No need. I will come myself. I have something to do before meeting up with you. Just send me the location of the restaurant.'

'Ok. I will send it. See you soon.'

****

I was sipping my wine while waiting for Rose impatiently at the restaurant.

Did she ditch me? Maybe, she didn't like me; she pretended because she didn't just want to hurt my feelings.

Calm down, Troy. She is just running late.

I breathed deeply in relief as I saw my black-haired angel walking into the restaurant. She wore a cream mini dress. She looked so beautiful.