Chapter 14 - Family dinner

Troy's POV

"Yay!" Alec exclaimed cheerfully as he raised his arms up, grinning. I chuckled and tapped on his nose playfully.

"Are you sure? You are busy with your company. It will be difficult to look after him." Camila said, ruffling her hair.

"Yes, it will be exhausting for you. Moreover, sometimes Alec becomes difficult to handle." Kate commented.

"I want to stay with Troy." Alec pouted as he wrapped his arms around my neck tightly, leaning his cheek against mine. I smiled at his behavior, amused.

"I have an office in my penthouse too. I will work from home while taking care of Alec. It will not be a problem for me. And my housekeeper will help me as well." I stated firmly.

"Please, Granny." Alec gave her puppy eyes.

"Fine, but be a good boy, Alec!" Camila nodded as she warned him.

"Yes, I will." Alec gave her a cheeky grin.

****

I walked into my penthouse, carrying Alec in my arms while he was sleeping peacefully. He looked so cute as always. I took him to my bedroom and laid him on the bed carefully.

After taking off his jean jacket and shoes, I pulled a blanket over his body. I sat down beside him on the bed and stroked his silky hair gently while watching him sleeping. I smiled and placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Alec." I whispered softly and stood up. Then I went to the study room.

I yawned before opening my eyes and straightened, rubbing my neck. I have fallen asleep in my study room. I looked at the watch; the housekeeper must be here. I stood up and went to the kitchen.

After ordering her to prepare something to eat for Alec and me, I called my assistant and told her that I wouldn't come to the company and ordered her to cancel all my meetings for today while walking towards the bedroom.

When I walked in, Alec was still sleeping. I smiled and tiptoed to the bathroom. Once I finished having a shower, I dried my body and hair, then I put on a black shirt and dark blue denim jeans. When I left the walk-in closet, Alec was sitting on the bed while rubbing his eye sleepily.

"Good morning, buddy." I gave him a smile as I approached him.

"Good morning." He greeted me, giving me a cheeky grin.

"Let's change your clothes and have breakfast. My housekeeper, Molly, is making delicious pancakes for you." I said and winked at him.

He nodded as I took him in my arms. After changing his clothes, we went to have breakfast.

Alec and I were playing with his train set when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it; it was my mother. I stood up and walked away a little, leaving Alec playing with his trains.

"Hi, Mom. How are you?" I asked as I picked up the phone.

"Hi. Fine. And you?" She asked softly and told something to the maid.

"I am fine." I replied, smiling and looked at Alec. "When did you come? I thought you were going to stay there for a few more days." I asked as I grabbed my mug and sipped my coffee.

"Yes, but I came back as we finished earlier than we planned. Liam also came back with me. Actually, I called you to inform you about dinner for celebrating my new collection this evening." She informed.

"Mom, I can't." I said, running my hand through my hair as I looked at Alec.

"Troy Anderson, don't tell me you have to work; because of it, you decline your mother's invitation. I don't know my own son after your vacation in London. What happened to you there?" She asked angrily, but the concern in her voice was noticeable too.