Chapter 33 - Always you

Rose's POV

I was pacing back and forth in my room nervously. Thinking about what would happen if we told everyone about Alec was going to make me crazy. It would be a disaster. I was so sure. On the other hand, I felt guilty because of Kate.

I sighed, desperate and grabbed my phone. I called Troy, ruffling my hair nervously.

"Hi. How are you and Alec?" Troy asked happily as he picked up his phone.

"Hi. Fine. And you?" I asked softly.

"Better after hearing your voice." He replied warmly.

I smiled sadly and ruffled my hair, sighing. "Kate... she..." I mumbled guiltily.

"It is the best decision for all of us." Troy stated firmly, interrupting me. "I can't continue it while being in love with another woman. Especially now. Finding you after all these years again is a miracle for me." He added honestly.

I pursed my lips together as my eyes welled up. "There will not be anything between us." I reminded, trying to control my voice while my heart ached.

"We will be together again, Rose. I swear I will make you mine again. But this time I will not let you go." He stated in confidence.

I bit my lower lip without anything and hung up my phone, heaving a sigh.

Troy's POV

When my meeting was changed at the last minute, I decided to visit my mother in her fashion house as the meeting place was close to there. On the other hand, I wanted to see her because the last time I had seen her, she was angry at me because I didn't tell her about the breakup. Kate called her crying and told her that I broke up with her.

My mother was offended because I didn't say anything to her. On the other hand, she didn't understand why I broke up with Kate suddenly. However, she calmed down slightly after my father had intervened.

As I didn't see my mother's secretary, I knocked on the door and walked in when I heard my mother's voice.

Happiness filled my heart as I saw Rose in my mother's office. She looked at me, surprised.

"Troy, what a beautiful surprise!" My mother exclaimed happily as she stood up.

"Hi. I was close to here; so I decided to visit you." I informed as I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"I am happy to see you." My mother gave me a bright smile.

"Rose. Nice to see you here." I stated as I smiled at her happily and greeted her with a peck on her cheek.

"Hi." She mumbled shyly.

"Do I disturb you two?" I asked, placing my hand into my pocket.

"No, we have finished our meeting. We were just chatting. Join us." My mother suggested. "Coffee?"

I nodded as I sat down on a vacant chair opposite of Rose.

After her secretary had brought a cup of coffee for me, she left.

Suddenly, my mother's phone rang. She excused herself and left the office, picking up her phone.

"You look gorgeous." I commented, looking at Rose as I took a sip from my coffee.

"Thanks." She said, blushing as she grabbed her illustrations and stood up.

"May I look at them?" I asked as I pointed to her sketches with a head gesture.