Chapter 13 - The bond

Troy's POV

"Troy!" Kate exclaimed happily, walking towards me as I got out of the car.

"Hey." I gave her a slight smile.

She hugged me and said. "You always worked so much, and we couldn't see each other properly. And you didn't come to the mansion to see me often. But you changed. Thanks for making time for me. You made me so happy."

I bit my lower lip, embarrassed without saying anything and forced a smile as I pulled back. Actually, I came to the mansion to see Alec. I really liked that little boy. I missed him when I didn't see him.

"Let's go inside." Kate suggested as she grabbed my hand. I nodded and followed her.

"Welcome, Troy. How are you?" Kate's mother, Camila greeted me, giving me a warm smile.

"Hello. Fine. And you?"

"I am fine. Thanks."

"Where is Alec?" I asked, looking around as I didn't see him.

"He is in his room. Alec is a little moody today. Especially after talking to his mother." Camila informed.

"May I see him?" I asked.

"Sure. Kate will show you his room." She replied, giving me a polite smile.

"No need. I know where his room is. The last time I was here, he showed me his room." I informed. She nodded.

"I am getting jealous. And I thought you came here to see me. But you spend more time with Alec than me." Kate pouted.

"Umm..." I mumbled, running my hand through my hair without knowing what to say.

"Kate always was jealous. Especially when she and her sister were little. She always got jealous when I gave more attention to her sister than her. Because Kate was a calm child, but her sister was a real troublemaker." Camila commented, amused.

"Mom!" Kate scowled, making Camila chuckle.

I knocked on the door and walked in. Alec was sitting on the bed, holding his teddy bear. He looked sad.

"Hi, buddy." I said cheerfully and approached him as I closed the door behind me.

"Hi." He muttered without looking at me.

"What happened? Why are you sad?" I asked, concerned as I sat down on the bed beside him and stroked his hair affectionately.

"I miss Mommy." He replied as his eyes welled up. "Mommy says she will come soon, won't she?" He asked with teary eyes.

"Of course, she will come. Mommy loves you." I said, giving him a warm smile, and pulled him into my lap.

"But Daddy didn't come. Maybe Mommy doesn't want me too." He muttered as tears ran down his cheeks, making my heart sink.

"Where did your Daddy go?" I asked, wiping the tears off his cheeks with my hand.

"I don't know. Mommy says he went to work when I was a baby. I have never seen him." He replied, sniffing.