Chapter 35 - Italian warmth

Troy's POV

"Who?" I asked in curiosity.

He shrugged his shoulders and took a sip from his drink. "I don't know yet, but I plan to get it out of him tonight." He gave me a devilish look as he looked at Nathan who finally came downstairs from his office, but he was still talking on the phone. He looked like he was arguing with someone. "This time I will find out who she is. It would not be the same situation like with his other girl; he did everything that we didn't know about her. When I asked, he always denied that he didn't have a girlfriend, and I was imagining things. But I know him very well; he was hiding the truth. Maybe it is the same girl."

I cleared my throat and sipped my drink without saying anything.

If only you knew...

You would probably kill him.

"Do you know anything about her? About his super secret girlfriend?" Romeo asked, giving me a questioning look.

"No, of course not." I mumbled, giving him a nervous smile.

"Whatever! As long as he stays away from my sister, I am fine with it." Romeo commented and sighed.

I choked on my drink and mumbled. "If you say so." He gave me a confused look. I forced a smile.

"You are weird tonight." He declared, rolling his eyes. He turned his gaze from me to Nathan and resumed. "It seems he is busy today."

"I am worried about him." I commented honestly as I looked at Nathan.

"Because of the accident?" He gave me an intrigued look.

"Yes, but I don't think it is just an accident. I told him, but he denied telling me it was an accident. However, he has been acting strangely since that day." I informed and sighed, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Maybe, his new girl is related to it. Maybe she has a crazy mafia guy after her." Romeo commented nonchalantly.

"Romeo! Be serious for a few minutes." I sighed, annoyed and shook my head.

"Fine, dude. But I think he will handle it. If he wanted our help, he would tell us. Don't worry. He has an army of securities at his disposal." He winked at me. "Maybe, they have an enemy. It isn't easy to be a Carter heir." He resumed firmly.

"Yes." I sighed, nodding.

"I hope nothing happens to him again, because I like this dude." He added playfully, pointing to Nathan.

"But you didn't say it when we were in high school." I reminded, smirking.

"Yes. Because he put paws on my sister when we were in high school." Romeo stated, frowning, and sipped his drink.

I rolled my eyes and commented playfully. "So then I shouldn't like you too."

He grinned devilishly. "No, bro. I am your best friend. How can you hate a man like me?Funny, smart, handsome. I am all in one." He winked at me, giving me an arrogant look.

"You are hopeless! What did I think when I became friends with you?" I commented, shaking my head.

"Dude, it was one of your best decisions you made in your life." He winked at me. I burst out laughing. "And thank you for stopping me from beating the shit out of this Carter." He smirked arrogantly.

"I dare you to try to beat Charlotte's hulk co-partner." I gave him a smug smirk.

"I am not that crazy to try to do anything stupid like this. I love my life, my wife, and I am going to be a father. But if he does something bad and hurts my sister or make moves on her, I know people who will handle this problem." He gave me a devilish grin.