Chapter 5 - Hidden motives

Five years ago

Rose's POV

I yawned, stretching out, and opened my eyes. I felt so sore, but last night was magnificent. I didn't remember everything, but some scenes from last night flashed in my mind.

Hector was so gentle and affectionate towards me, making me feel comfortable as well as precious. There was something different in him I couldn't describe. It felt like I knew him for a lifetime. Sometimes you met someone who made you feel this way. However, there were some people that as much as you spend time with them, it felt like you were still strangers, or they would do something bad, making you think you never really knew them.

I smiled happily and looked at the other side of the bed; it was empty. I instantly sat up, wrapping the cover around my body nervously as sadness filled my heart.

No, Hector, please! Don't do it to me. You are the only man who I trusted after all these years; don't break my heart you too. Please!

I knew it was my mistake to trust someone I met new and give my virginity to him, but my conversation with my father, the effect of alcohol and Hector's attitude towards me triggered it. And now I am here, in an empty hotel room alone, feeling used and cheap.

Don't be sad, Rose! You deserved it. You shouldn't forget how men are. They are manipulative and insensitive. After they have got what they want, they change or disappear without considering women's feelings.

"Look, Dad. Now you will not be wrong about me anymore. I became the person who you thought I was." I muttered under my breath bitterly, smiling mockingly and wiped the tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand.

Flashback

I was sipping my drink while looking at my friend, Ann, from the university at the nightclub in London. We came to England for a vacation. Ann and I were studying in Italy. Our major was fashion design. I was a senior.

I frowned in annoyance as my phone rang. It was my father.

How did he find my number?

I told my mother and sister that they didn't give my number to him. But of course, if he wanted something, he would get it. I was so surprised, he hadn't found out where I was yet.

I ran away from New York about four years ago. My father owned a well-known law firm. He was an influential and powerful attorney. My father wanted me to be a lawyer like him, my grandpa and my great grandfather. Like it was our destiny to continue this tradition. When you were born in our family, your future career was already chosen before you decided. But it didn't work on me as much as my father tried.

Fashion was my passion. I had dreamed of being a fashion designer since my childhood. As much as I tried to convince my father that I didn't want to be a lawyer, he didn't listen to me. So when I graduated from high school, I ran away from home to chase my dream. However, I didn't just run away from the USA because of my dream. I had a boyfriend when I was in high school.

Adam was my first love. I was so in love with him and thought he loved me too. I almost gave him my virginity, despite the fact I didn't feel ready. He always talked that how much he wanted to have sex with me, he wanted to be with me, he had needs, why I didn't want to get intimate with him, and accuse me I didn't trust him because of it I didn't want to be with him and so on.

After thinking for a while, I decided to have sex with him and went to his house to tell him about my decision. However, when I arrived, I heard his and his best friend Derek's conversation. He told Derek that it was a matter of time before he took my virginity and won the bet as well as how naive I was. It was a stab into my back. I felt heartbroken. My father's words replayed in my mind while tears ran down my cheeks.

Don't act as a reckless party girl and troublemaker! Everyone will think you an easy catch who they can get into their bed.

When I thought I finally found love, everything fell apart, making me lose my hope that someday I would find true love. But it made me realize that true love didn't exist. On the other hand, I should understand it because of my parents. Their marriage was arranged by their parents. As much as they spent a lot of years in this marriage, their relationship wasn't so good.

My father was always busy with his job, spending a lot of time in his company. Meanwhile, my mother spent her time with us, charities and galas. They barely spent time together.

My father wasn't affectionate and caring towards her. After a while, my mother gave up to wait for any affection from him and gave herself to her children- my sister and me and charities. So I always wanted someone who would be affectionate and caring towards me, and have a love marriage, but it seemed I failed about love matters too.

My sister was two years older than me. She was mature, calm and responsible. She always did what my father told her. She even chose the university my father wanted. She was studying law. She was my father's favorite. Meanwhile, I was the opposite of her. I was cheerful, stubborn as well as reckless as my father always told me.

I sighed and picked up my phone.

"Hi." I said dryly.

"Rosalie, where the hell are you?" He snapped, frustrated.

I shook my head, smiling mockingly, and sighed. "Where I need to be. Away from you." I replied bitterly.

"Rosalie! I gave you the last chance. Where the hell you are, it doesn't matter, I want you back in New York as soon as possible. You will become responsible and mature like your sister and stop disappointing me. You will come back and study law as a member of our family. It is the best career for you and our family." He demanded in a bossy tone.

I frowned in annoyance and rubbed my temple, closing my eyes.

"No, Dad! You can't force me to do anything I don't want." I stated angrily.

"Is partying what you want?! Your reckless behaviors will only bring harm to you. Because of your actions, everyone thinks you are an easy catch. You will end up as someone's mistress, or someone will knock you up and throw you away." He said harshly.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, furious and clenched my fist.

"Rosalie, I will not warn you again. Be responsible and come back!" He demanded in an authoritative tone.

"Goodbye, Dad!" I said mockingly and hung up.

I ran my hand through my hair, closing my eyes, and took deep breaths, trying to calm down. I turned off my phone and walked towards the bar counter. I ordered a glass of whiskey and drank all of it in a sip. Then I ordered another glass of whiskey and sipped it, lost in my thoughts.

Alright, Dad. If you think I am some whore, I will be like you think. I will have sex with a man who I will meet tonight without knowing him properly.

I was sipping my drink when a guy approached me. He had brown eyes and brown hair with blonde highlights. Meanwhile, a blond guy followed him, approaching me. He had beautiful ocean blue eyes, making me lost in them.