Ch_37

Arnav's P.O.V.

.

I got relieved when I understood Api didn't hear me as she uttered, "Why are you smiling like that, Vai?"

"Nothing Api. I am tired. I am gonna get some rest." saying this, I got up.

She spoke happily, "Okay, Vai. You take rest."

Uncle spoke up then, "And about the party, you don't have to worry a thing. Areesha and me will arrange everything and it will be tomorrow evening."

I happily nodded at them and left for my room. Entering my room, the first thing I did was looking for Khushi as I had to make sure that she wouldn't show up in my party.

But seeing her, I got stopped. I kept thinking, is she a kid or what!

She was with Esha and they both were watching cartoon being all excited while eating chocolates.
They didn't even notice me that I was at the door.

Then I remembered her eating ice cream when we went out for shopping before marriage.

I smiled at her childish nature. My mind chided then, "Wait a moment. Arnav, it's Khushi. Remember?" to get me all silent.

I forwarded towards washroom to get freshen up and by the time I got out Khushi wasn't there.

Seeing me, Esha spoke up making a frowning face, "Mama, your api took all away from me."

I didn't understand what she meant and spoke up, "What did api take, sweetie?"

She started uttering cutely, "She took away my chocolate, my aunty." but hearing her last word, I got slightly irritated and "It's good then." came out automatically from my mouth.

But hearing me, Esha spoke up while shaking her head, "It's not good, Mama." which made me get silent.

And she uttered again, "Not good, Mama. I need them."
Saying this, she left my room running.

I kept standing for a while thinking of her word and at last got on the bed to get some rest as I really was tired.

By the time I woke up, it was already late in the afternoon. Getting downstairs, I found Api in the kitchen but there was no sign of Khushi.

At first I felt relieved not finding her around only to get irritated the next second thinking shouldn't she help Api in kitchen.

I was about to ask Api about her but got stopped seeing her at the entrance of the house covered in dust.

Seeing her at first I scoffed in irritation and thought in mind, "Is she back from field work or what!"

But when the thought of Esha came to my mind, I got worried as Esha kept following her around and if Khushi is in this state then I could easily tell what might be the condition of Esha.

I got near her while searching Esha around her and uttered loudly, "Khushi! Have you gone mad or what! How dare you take Esha out and get to this condition! "

She tried to say, "Arnav, I didn't " but I cut her off mid sentence and uttered, "Shut up. Just keep in mind that If Esha gets to fall sick then I will make sure"

I got stopped when I heard Api uttering, "Esha is sleeping now, Arnav."

I turned to api only to find her giving me an angry look and I just kept silent. Api then again spoke up, "Khushi, are you done?"

Khushi just nodded at her and api spoke up again, "Go freshen up then."

Khushi left from there silently and api again turned to me with the same angry look.