Ch_30

Arnav's P.O.V.

.

I woke up from sleep but the pleading look of that girl was still bothering me. After giving it a great deal of thought, I got downstairs and found Api and Vai sitting in the living room.

As I got near them, I heard Vai uttering, "Areesha, whatever it is, you please don't force Arnav. Let him take his decision by himself."

Api spoke up then, "I won't Muhib. I just said that Khushi is a very nice girl and I wanted everything goes fine with her."

Seeing me, they got silent for a moment and then Api spoke up, "You two sit. I am going to check if breakfast is ready." and left from there.

I sat beside Vai but kept silent and right then his phone rang off. He attended the call and I kept thinking what should I do now.

The pleading look of that girl and concern of Api for her was bothering me.

I was so lost in my thought that I didn't get to know when Vai cut off the call and started talking to me.

When he poked me, I got all startled and seeing me like that, he uttered, "What happened, Arnav?"

I just shook my head only to get confused as he uttered, "If you want to stay here, it's okay. I will handle it alone. Don't worry."

Being all confused, I asked him, "What are you talking about, Vai?"

It was his turn to get confused then and he uttered, "Where were you so lost that you didn't even hear me?"

I kept silent and he spoke up again, "Arnav, there is a problem with our last project. I need to check it and as it's a project of your company so if you also be there then.."

Hearing him, I spoke up this time, "I will go vai but I think you should stay here as Api will be alone otherwise."

Vai spoke up smilingly, "Arnav, Abbu is on his way back. You didn't even hear my single word, yaar. What's bothering you? Tell me. And you don't worry. I have talked to Areesha. She wont force you anymore regarding that marriage proposal."

Hearing him, I smiled a little. I knew how much they cared for me. But giving that thought a break, I uttered, "Vai, what do you think of Khushi?"

He gave me a confused look as he uttered, "What?"

I uttered again, "What type of girl do you think she is?"

Vai kept staring at me for a while and then he spoke up, "Arnav, to the extent I have known her, she is a nice girl. I just hope she always be happy and if she gets in problem then someone always be there to help her out from that."

Hearing Vai, I just nodded at him and uttered under my breath, "And I just hope this to be the last time for me to be that someone helping her out from whatever problem she is trying to get out."

Vai again gave me a confused look and uttered, "What did you say?"

Right then Api got there and spoke up, "Breakfast is ready."

I looked at her and then spoke up, "Api, Vai.. I am ready to get married to Khushi."

Hearing me, Vai totally got silent but Api's face lit up instantly as she uttered, "Are you serious, Vai?"

Finding nothing to say, I just nodded as I felt like deceiving Api. For a moment, I thought of telling everything to them but then dropped the idea as I wanted to know what Khushi was up to.