Ch_6

Khushi's P.O.V.

.

I just kept looking at the man who was trying to convince me to teach her daughter. It was not because he thought me as a good teacher. He didn't know me even. All he was trying to wipe the tear of his daughter's eye.

He was just trying to make her smile again.

Is this really how a father cares for his daughter!!

Then why I was left behind all alone while crying? Why!!

Breaking the chain of my thought, the man uttered, "Sister?"

Finding nothing else to say, I spoke up, "You must be loving your daughter very much."

"Of course. I mean every father loves his daughter.", hearing him say this, a word automatically came out of my mouth, "Really!"

He got startled at my word and kept silent for a moment. Then before he could say something, the little girl and maybe her mother came closer to us.

The girl was not crying then but tears were still visible on her cheeks. She kept looking at me hopefully.

The woman then spoke up sadly, "Will it be much of trouble if you come to teach my daughter? You don't have to come everyday. If you can come twice or trice a week, even that will be enough. You can just think of this as visiting a little friend from time to time. But please don't say no."

The little girl spoke up in between, "Aunty, you will come, right?"

I was really in a dilemma. What to do, I wasn't getting. But one thing came to my mind and I spoke up, "Please, don't misunderstand me. But I don't think my father will"

Interrupting me, my mind chided, "As if he cares what you do! And you shouldn't think that you will be able to get his permission to do this. As you know to give you permission, he will need to listen to your word. And he doesn't have that time to listen to you."

I was lost in my own thought when the woman again spoke up, "Then talk to him. I don't think he would mind as you are just helping us for our daughter. Being the father of a girl, he will obviously understand. And don't worry about other things. Our driver will pick you up from your place and get you back there."

What she said after that, nothing was going through my mind as one line was echoing in it, 'Being the father of a girl, he will obviously understand.'

I came out of my thought when the man extended a card towards me and said, "Keep it. It's my business card. After talking to your father, give me a call."

Taking the card, I was about to leave without saying anything but the woman again spoke up, "Hey?"

I turned back and she said, "I didn't get your name."

"I am Khushi." I said with a little bit of smile.

"Nice name. I am Areesha." She was about to say something more but the little girl spoke up happily in between
"I am Esha."

I laughed at her cuteness and couldn't help saying, "I must say, your daughter is very cute."

Esha was laughing happily and the man looking at her, spoke up, "Yeah, she is." then turning to me, he continued, "Thank you. By the way, I am Muhib and you can think me as your brother. Hope to hear some good news from you."

At that, I just smiled and left from there saying, "Allah Hafiz."

But I could hear Esha asking her father, "Abbu, aunty will come, right?"