Ch_49

Arnav's P.O.V.

I got shocked and couldn't help uttering, "Have you gone mad?", as I heard her uttering smilingly, "Do you by any chance like me?"

I mean is this a question to ask like that! And if nothing was going on between them then what was there to talk for this long time!

Just ridiculous.

Then getting me all confused, Khushi gave me a weird type of look and uttered again, "Payel, as you know I am a married woman now, so leave it, dear."

I uttered under my breath, "Payel? Wasn't she talking to that guy!!!"

Khushi spoke up again, "Payel, talk to him straight that you don't like him. What is there to think this much!"

Khushi kept talking on phone for a little while after that and all I just kept thinking, "Didn't Rafin call her? I clearly saw his name on the phone screen. Then how come it's Payel?"

Cutting off the line, Khushi turned to me and spoke up like she heard me, "It was Payel, Arnav. You talked to her before, right?"

I just nodded at her and she smilingly uttered, "Some guy is after her and Payel is totally irritated at that."

Without bothering to answer her on that topic, I asked her, "Didn't that guy call you earlier?"

Before she could answer, we heard Esha uttering, "Aunty?" as she entered our room.

She was holding a book. Showing that to Khushi, she uttered, "Won't you teach me?"

Khushi smilingly took the book and uttered, "Of course. I will, sweetie."

Then glancing at me for once, she spoke up to Esha, "Let's go to your room. Your mama is working here."

Esha nodded and Khushi left the room taking Esha in her arms.

When she left, I caught the sight of her phone on the bed side table and to answer my curiosity, I forwarded to check for myself even before I could realise that.

When I got she was really talking to Payel and before that she talked to that guy but seeing the time duration of phone call with Rafin was not even 2 minutes, a smile crept on my lips.

I kept staring at the phone screen only to get startled as out of sudden, Vai spoke up, "Arnav, what's the matter yaar? What's there on Khushi's phone that is making you smile like this?"

I immediately kept the phone on the table and forwarded towards my table as I uttered ignoring vai's question, "Nothing vai. What brought you here?"

Vai uttered in a teasing tone, "Can't I come here without any business work?"

I uttered in my defence, "I didn't mean that, Vai."

Vai spoke up smilingly, "I know. Anyways did you talk to Khushi about?", without letting vai complete, I spoke up, "No vai. I also don't think Khushi will agree with us on this. But I am not going to leave it anyway. If I didn't know this then the case would have been different but when I know all these, I can't just leave it as it is."

Vai kept silent for a while and then uttered with a serious expression, "Okay then. Let's hold a party the day after tomorrow. We need to get closer to them to get them."

I nodded at him and he left my room.
I concentrated on my work then.

At dining table, vai announced about the party. Api got all excited hearing it. Khushi just smiled at her. May be it was just for maintaining formality as there was nothing like real happiness on her face.